Cambridge Rindge & Latin School is a top rated, public school located in Cambridge, MA. It has 1,954 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 81% of students are at least proficient in math and 88% in reading.
Cambridge Rindge & Latin School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A295 Students
- A+235 Students
- A+205 Students
- B201 Students
- A+171 Students
- A+123 Students
- A+122 Students
- A+116 Students
- B+110 Students
- A+100 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.21 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 45 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.41 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.42 responses
Schools like Cambridge Rindge & Latin School
- A+Newton North High School
- Newton Public Schools, MA
- 337 reviews
- A+Brookline High School
- Public Schools of Brookline, MA
- PK, 9-12
- 293 reviews
- A+Milton High School
- Milton Public Schools, MA
- PK, 9-12
- 136 reviews
- A+Bedford High School
- Bedford Public Schools, MA
- PK, 9-12
- 161 reviews
Cambridge Rindge & Latin School Reviews
For a large public school, Cambridge Rindge and Latin is excellent. There are not many areas in which the school is lacking, except maybe the honors classes system. The absolute BEST part of the school is the lunch: gourmet, wide variety of options, huge portions and reasonable prices, it doesn't get much better than that! Overall I would give CRLS a 95/100.
CRLS has a lot of great resources, the facilities are amazing, and there is a wide variety of clubs and classes to choose from. However, the school also has a lot of deep-rooted issues. A lot of the teachers are very mediocre and it's difficult to make change within the school. My main reason for this low rating isn't the school itself, but the students. I've experienced a lot of weird social dynamics here; students are quick to turn on their friends, immature, and are quite 'fake.' After the renovation, many students have flocked to CRLS from private schools which gives the school a rich Ivy-league obsessed feel that creates intense stress & competition and there's a lot of problematic racial and socio-economic division at CRLS.
This school offers all students the opportunity to recieve an education that works at their own pace and allows for them to challenge themselves. It is very diverse with people from all over the world, which allows for us to try our best to respect eachothers differences and beliefs. This school assist students with resources to learn how create a resume and find jobs. CRLSalso creates resources for lower income families to recieve the educational resources and the financial assistance needed for their child to be successful during their high school experience. CRLS does not have a study hall which means students may rush to get homework done during classes. At times CRLS will pretend that racism does not exist and will shut down students who speak up about it.CRLS teacher faculty is primarily white and there are only 20% student teachers. The school only practices lock downs two times in one year and students never see actually prepared or take it seriously.