Cambridge Rindge & Latin School is a top rated, public school located in Cambridge, MA. It has 1,965 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 81% of students are at least proficient in math and 88% in reading.
Cambridge Rindge & Latin School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A352 Students
- A+289 Students
- B239 Students
- A+233 Students
- A+189 Students
- A+157 Students
- A+147 Students
- A+133 Students
- B+130 Students
- A+113 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.22 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.22 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 46 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.42 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.43 responses
Schools like Cambridge Rindge & Latin School
- A+Newton North High School
- Newton Public Schools, MA
- 351 reviews
- A+Brookline High School
- Public Schools of Brookline, MA
- PK, 9-12
- 313 reviews
- A+Milton High School
- Milton Public Schools, MA
- PK, 9-12
- 140 reviews
- A+Bedford High School
- Bedford Public Schools, MA
- PK, 9-12
- 166 reviews
Cambridge Rindge & Latin School Reviews
For a large public school, Cambridge Rindge and Latin is excellent. There are not many areas in which the school is lacking, except maybe the honors classes system. The absolute BEST part of the school is the lunch: gourmet, wide variety of options, huge portions and reasonable prices, it doesn't get much better than that! Overall I would give CRLS a 95/100.
College Readiness and Administration should be a lot better. My first year (CRLS) was good, but my years there were boring and it felt dragging. My senior year wasn’t best because of the college readiness, it was 2x more of the pressure then my past years. Wasn’t a year to remember due to struggles and extra work load. I only got accepted to one school, although I couldn’t afford it, so I was forced to take a gap year. However, the facilities are nice because they recently made it new & renovated. The atmosphere can get toxic but that’s every high school. Safety is a little concerning sometimes. School culture is poor, doesn’t feel like an upbeat school even if we try to.
Cambridge is very fortune to support many school programs specifically in the arts department and academics. However, you must be invested in finding the right activates for you because these opportunities aren't widely known. Although having a highly diverse population of students that tend to typically respect and support each other, the school staff lacks to acknowledge the causal racism within their colleagues.