Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A
- Diversitygrade A+
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade A
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A+
- Health & Safetygrade A
- Administrationgrade A
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade A+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade A+
Cambridge Rindge & Latin School is a top rated, public school located in Cambridge, MA. It has 1,983 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 83% of students are at least proficient in math and 93% in reading.
Cambridge Rindge & Latin School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A423 Students
- grade A+349 Students
- grade B296 Students
- grade A+262 Students
- grade A+221 Students
- grade A+200 Students
- grade A+182 Students
- grade A+165 Students
- grade B+158 Students
- grade A+142 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade C minus
- Good for Familiesgrade A+
- Housinggrade C
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 25 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 25 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 53 responses
- School assemblies, talent show, and spirit week.42%
- Sports games25%
- Fall musical theater production13%
- going home4%
- Spirit Week4%
- Pep rallies2%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 36 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 36 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 45 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 45 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 45 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$34,537 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 46 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 46 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 46 responses
Schools like Cambridge Rindge & Latin School
- grade A+Newton North High School
- Newton Public Schools, MA
- Rating 4.05 out of 5 375 reviews
- grade A+Brookline High School
- Public Schools of Brookline, MA
- Rating 3.96 out of 5 332 reviews
- grade A+Milton High School
- Milton Public Schools, MA
- PK, 9-12
- Rating 3.96 out of 5 151 reviews
- grade A+Bedford High School
- Bedford Public Schools, MA
- PK, 9-12
- Rating 3.91 out of 5 180 reviews
Cambridge Rindge & Latin School Reviews
Rating 4.14 out of 5 332 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
PART 1: If you are a parent considering CRLS and comparing it to neighboring schools such as BB&N I urge you to read through these reviews! CRLS offers notable arts programs and rigorous AP courses.The diversity in this school is great, with countless languages, and religions represented in our large student body. It is important to note though, that with this diversity comes challenges. Occasional instances of microaggressions, racism, and lack of forethought from administrators are some of the flaws here.The socio-economic differences are apparent, and friend groups while mainly diverse, are skewed more or less wealthy.We are politically active and kind, but like many high schools, bullying and online drama still exists. Note that pep-rally and football culture is low. Knowing the culture at places such as BB&N I am sure that Rindge is more accepting, but the academics and opportunities take more time to really take advantage of. Rindge has a strong relationship with Harvard.
Cambridge Rindge and Latin is a large school in the middle of Cambridge, Ma. There are over a thousand students with different backgrounds, races, ethnicities, and religions there are countless opportunities at CRLS, for example, medical internships, engineering, dramatical performances, and abroad trips. It is a school that raises the voices of young students and not oppresses them. There are marches and protests that the school allows supporting and or join. The school provides free breakfast in the morning that is open to all and is healthy and beneficial to the students learning. CRLS has a separate cafeteria for those that are vegan or vegetarian. Everyone is allowed to practice their religion through clubs or school assemblies. Although CRLS is an open campus there are incredible and cable security guards, who do not discriminate or target people that look a certain way. That is why I rate Cambridge Rindge and Latin as a four out of five.
Cambridge Rindge and Latin School is made up of a diverse and vibrant community of students and staff. The school has so many wonderful teachers who truly care about the future of their students. Everyone is kind, and it is easy to make friends by joining clubs, sports teams, or taking advantage of the plethora of other extracurricular activities the school has to offer. Classes have a wide variety of levels, ranging from easy introductory classes to challenging Harvard University classes through an advanced program. The facilities at CRLS are in great condition, and almost every part of the school and athletic building look brand new. The school is always kept clean and tidy, and the administration is always quick to handle situations. Overall, Cambridge Rindge and Latin is better than most other schools in the area, because of the wide range of opportunities you will ecounter.