Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Cambridge High School is a public school located in Cambridge, OH. It has 502 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Cambridge High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-68 Students
- A+56 Students
- B41 Students
- B40 Students
- B-31 Students
- C+31 Students
- B+26 Students
- C24 Students
- A-24 Students
- B-15 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Schools like Cambridge High School
- C+Newcomerstown High School
- Newcomerstown Exempted Village School District, OH
- 8 reviews
- C+Meadowbrook High School
- Rolling Hills Local School District, OH
- 44 reviews
- C-Buckeye Trail High School
- East Guernsey Local School District, OH
- 43 reviews
- BJohn Glenn High School
- East Muskingum Local School District, OH
- 136 reviews
Cambridge High School Reviews
So far in my high school career, I have had a very good experience. For the most part, the teachers at my school are very good and care about how their students do. Personally, I believe that our academics could be more diverse and give more options to all types of students, but due to a lack of funding I know that that would not be east for the Cambridge city school district to do. There are a lot of clubs at our high school, but in order to be in them you have to be dedicated to help getting funding. The administrators are open to new ideas and activities at the school, but they are up front about the fact they will have to be mostly self-sufficient because the school will not be able to entirely fund it. The schools themselves are very nice and they are well kept. I personally have enjoyed my experience so far in the Cambridge City School District.
My experience at Cambridge High School has been one I would not choose to relive. I felt the education we were given and opportunities allotted were minimal and lacking. The students/were not the most upstanding and should be held to higher standards that what they are. There were some teachers I bonded with and felt my education was valued by, but not all. Overall, I wish I had the opportunity to attend a better school, but Cambridge has given me basic education with which I can move on to bigger and better schools.
The faculty at Cambridge High School are extremely likeable, except for the few outliars. This would have been a 5 star review had the school not lost money and cut a lot of classes. For example, AP classes are far and few between, Woodshop, Metalworking, and Other art classes no longer exist (we have one art room and one art teacher, but music and band classes still exist), and the only other foreign language offered is Spanish. You are very limited in what classes you can take academically. Overall though, I like the school and it's system.