Camas High School is a highly rated, public school located in Camas, WA. It has 2,214 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 68% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Camas High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+396 Students
- A335 Students
- B+198 Students
- C149 Students
- A-141 Students
- B-128 Students
- B-114 Students
- B107 Students
- A-102 Students
- A99 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.37 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.37 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.57 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.61 responses
Camas High School Reviews
I really enjoyed the opportunity for extracurricular activities. I was involved in the CHS band as a flutist and was able to play in both the marching band and regular music class. Additionally, I was able to go to Disneyland and march down Main Street which was extremely fun! I also participated in the pit orchestra where I played the violin. The education I received was amazing because of the music opportunities. Thank you Mr. Mancini (our teacher)!
I like that there are many options for students at Camas High School. There is a lot of variety when it comes to clubs and sports. I was involved with Key Club for two years, and tennis for all four. There's a lot of classes to choose from as well, especially in the AP category. I took a total of 12 AP tests and 8 classes over the course of my four years. Although that seems like a lot, there were still many that I did not take. For example, I mostly avoided science APs and foreign language APs. This allows you to really decide the kinds of college credits you want leaving high school. Others opted out of APs but participated in programs like Running Start and Cascadia Tech Academy. For those interested in STEM, there is a MAGNET program that can be tested into. With a school this large, it means that there are countless opportunities for students to pursue their interests. Unfortunately, this also means that students can easily get lost in the crowd and lack personal support.
I've been a student all through high school and I was very heavily involved in the performing arts programs at the school. I participated in band all four years, the school musical my junior and senior year, and Select Vocal Ensemble my senior year. 10/10 experience with the other students in those programs and wonderful direction from the instructors. I also took AP courses all four years and had a wonderful experience with all my teachers, AP and regular. Camas is very well staffed, the teachers are very good and they made the coursework understandable.