Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A
- Diversitygrade B
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade A minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B+
- Health & Safetygrade A minus
- Administrationgrade B minus
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade B+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B minus
Camas High School is a highly rated, public school located in Camas, WA. It has 2,180 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 68% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Camas High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A453 Students
- grade A minus369 Students
- grade B+220 Students
- grade A minus158 Students
- grade C157 Students
- grade B minus142 Students
- grade B minus122 Students
- grade B121 Students
- grade A minus121 Students
- grade B112 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade C
- Good for Familiesgrade A+
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade A minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 38 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 38 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 114 responses
- Football games30%
- Sporting events20%
- Pep assemblies15%
- Senior sunrise/sunset5%
- CSU movie night4%
- Stories Week4%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 45 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 45 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 45 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 58 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 58 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 58 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$14,273 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 62 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 62 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 62 responses
Schools like Camas High School
- grade B minusHayes Freedom High School
- Camas School District, WA
- Rating 4.75 out of 5 8 reviews
- grade B+Clackamas High School
- North Clackamas School District, OR
- Rating 3.71 out of 5 463 reviews
- grade BWilson High School
- Portland Public Schools, OR
- Rating 3.53 out of 5 236 reviews
- grade AUnion High School
- Evergreen Public Schools, WA
- Rating 4.04 out of 5 475 reviews
Camas High School Reviews
Rating 3.98 out of 5 441 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Camas High School is a high tier school that makes you a student of discipline and efficiency. When compared with other schools, I believe that Camas High School is the best when it comes to preparing students for college! It has great teachers and great staff which create a safe environment where students may learn and succeed.
I really enjoyed the opportunity for extracurricular activities. I was involved in the CHS band as a flutist and was able to play in both the marching band and regular music class. Additionally, I was able to go to Disneyland and march down Main Street which was extremely fun! I also participated in the pit orchestra where I played the violin. The education I received was amazing because of the music opportunities. Thank you Mr. Mancini (our teacher)!
If you are a straight, white, male, cis-gendered, 4.0 student, football player, you will be fine. That said, like any high school in America, Camas has its ups and downs. I would give this school an overall rating of poor for many factors. The councilors and some of the administrators do absolutely nothing to help you when you need it the most. Their job is to help you succeed, but most of the time they aid in hindering your learning. The school, also highly lacks in diversity, not only represented in the student body but the faculty as well. We have maybe 2 Black employees out of the whole school faculty. This has led to further problems of them not doing what they should when it comes to racial injustices happening within the walls of Camas High School. Some of the friends you would make here can be amazing, but it is also one of the most toxic schools I have attended both socially and academically. Everyone and everything makes you feel as though you amount to nothing at all.