COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
Calvary Day School opened the 2020-2021 school year on August 13, 2020. CDS started out with procedures in place to open our campus to all preschool and kindergarten through 12th-grade students and provided in-person learning. Calvary is now focusing on our procedures to continue to keep our campus open with in-person learning. Learn More
- College PrepA
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
Calvary Day School has been serving students and families since 1971 offering a comprehensive educational program with a Kingdom focus. Kingdom Education is the lifelong, Bible-based, Christ-centered process of leading a student to Christ, building the student up in Christ and equipping the student to serve Christ.
Voted favorite Private School and Daycare/Early Learning school in Winston-Salem, CDS strives to accomplish this daily through academics that stimulate critical thinking from a Biblical worldview, fine arts and athletics that cultivate unique gifts and talents and enrich the student experience, and school community that brings balance to all aspects of life and learning.
Students at CDS are engaged in a love of learning from the beginning years through the last days of their seniors. CDS teaches students to acquire a deep and personal knowledge of Christ and combine that with critical thinking and problem-solving skills so they impact the world for Christ.
Calvary Day School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+51 Students
- A+39 Students
- B+36 Students
- A-28 Students
- A21 Students
- B+21 Students
- B+17 Students
- A+17 Students
- B+16 Students
- B16 Students
CDS Adds Transitional Kindergarten Program
Calvary Day School is committed to meeting the needs of all of our students and families. In an effort to reach all of our students where they are in their development journey, Calvary identified the need for the addition of a full-day Transitional Kindergarten (TK) program. This program is tailored to provide students with an opportunity to ease into Kindergarten with the introduction of TK.
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
- Spirit Week28%
- Backwards Homecoming! Boys are voted on the court.24%
- Pep rallies14%
- Athletic activities7%
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- Offers Full WeekYes
- Offers Part WeekYes
- Offers Full Day—
- Offers Part DayYes
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses