Calloway County High School
- MURRAY, KY
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade B minus
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Health & Safetygrade B
- Administrationgrade B minus
- Sportsgrade B minus
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B minus
Calloway County High School is an above average, public school located in MURRAY, KY. It has 872 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 39% of students are at least proficient in math and 48% in reading.
Calloway County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B373 Students
- grade B+122 Students
- grade B minus86 Students
- grade A minus77 Students
- grade B minus60 Students
- grade B minus30 Students
- grade A+28 Students
- grade B minus22 Students
- grade B+20 Students
- grade B minus20 Students
View Homes Near Calloway County High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B
- Housinggrade C
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 15 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 23 responses
- Project Grad; Calloway Idol39%
- 212 day and project graduation9%
- Pep Rallies9%
- Spirit Week4%
grade B minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 17 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 18 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$9,867 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 20 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 20 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 20 responses
Calloway County High School Reviews
Rating 3.75 out of 5 141 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
CCHS is an average school in an average rural community. What makes it above average is its spirit and ability to give everyone there a chance. The combination of a chill, very southern and academic atmosphere makes going to CCHS a unique experience. The teachers want the best for its students and encourage discussion and creativity in class, making class enjoyable. Calloway is an agriculture-centered county, and the science classes offered makes the most of this through field trips and guests from the community. As someone going into biology in college, being able to actually experiment with plants found within my backyard makes learning so much more personal. Sports are also a large part of our life at CCHS, every Friday (before COVID-19, obviously) there was a game and the whole school was there to support. Overall, Calloway County High School is a tightly-knit community rather than a school, where everyone knows each other and we are all in it together.
The faculty and staff at my school work diligently to provide the best experience for students. They are always working towards updating technology and criteria for education, and they are very inclusive and congratulatory of all clubs and activities. Our school offers opportunities for all students looking into any area of work, such as engineering, nursing, and dual credit courses. We have passionate teachers to teach these courses as well. I feel very safe and accepted at my school, which is very important to me. The only reason I would rate my school 4 stars instead of 5 is simply because we are a smaller town school. We have a good amount of students, but we are not huge. We have sufficient funds to purchase necessary things and new things for the school and students, but we are not overflowing with money. However, these are simple things that anyone would wish to have more of, regardless of where they go to school. Calloway has a wonderful atmosphere and radiates positivity.
I had a well rounded high school experience at Calloway! The home town feeling of being surrounded by family while in school was the best. The teachers really took the time to get to know you on a personal level, you weren’t just a number to them. It was small enough where you knew everyone by first name but big enough to give you amazing opportunities from sports, to clubs and other extracurricular activities! Highly recommend!