Callisburg High School
- CALLISBURG, TX
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade B
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C
- Health & Safetygrade B+
- Administrationgrade B minus
- Sportsgrade B
- Foodgrade B minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C+
Callisburg High School is an above average, public school located in CALLISBURG, TX. It has 328 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 72% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Callisburg High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade C+44 Students
- grade B+39 Students
- grade A+34 Students
- grade A+32 Students
- grade A30 Students
- grade A minus29 Students
- grade A25 Students
- grade B20 Students
- grade B+18 Students
- grade B minus18 Students
Map is loading
View Homes Near Callisburg High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B
- Housinggrade A
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 14 responses
- Annual Trunk N Treat14%
- Veterans Day Assembly14%
- Senior Parking Spot Painting7%
- Spirit Week7%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 5 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$11,290 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 10 responses
Schools like Callisburg High School
- grade BWhitesboro High School
- Whitesboro Independent School District, TX
- Rating 3.8 out of 5 76 reviews
- grade B minusCollinsville High School
- Collinsville Independent School District, TX
- Rating 4 out of 5 23 reviews
- grade B+S. & S. Cons H.S.
- S & S Consolidated Independent School District, TX
- Rating 4.04 out of 5 69 reviews
- grade C+Gainesville High School
- Gainesville Independent School District, TX
- Rating 3.61 out of 5 84 reviews
Callisburg High School Reviews
Rating 3.42 out of 5 52 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I personally have been going to Callisburg since 5th grade, and let me tell you this school is fantastic. The teachers and students have made school not even feel like school, I have had a blast going here and I have learned lots of things that have helped me quite a lot. The sports and electives this school has are downright amazing. I could not imagine what would have happened had I not gone to Callisburg. Out of any school I could have gone to, I would pick this one ten times out of ten.
I love the athletic program and the teachers. There’s nothing to change , Callisburg changes for the better every single year!
Honestly, the teachers (for the most part) do the best they can with what they've got. Yeah, everyone has their issues with certain members of the faculty, but that's true of every school. We have made some poor decisions in regards to budgeting, though, like the two HD flatscreens they installed in the cafeteria that have been used maybe once this year, or spending a lot more than necessary on one specific athletic team instead of everything else (including the arts and other athletic programs, or buying and stocking two vending machines that aren't even turned on until an hour after school ends. Still, a pretty good school in terms of teachers. Students, less so.