Calipatria High School
- CALIPATRIA, CA
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade B minus
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C+
- Health & Safetygrade A minus
- Administrationgrade B+
- Sportsgrade B minus
- Foodgrade B+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade A minus
Calipatria High School is an above average, public school located in CALIPATRIA, CA. It has 351 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Calipatria High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A minus73 Students
- grade C70 Students
- grade A60 Students
- grade A55 Students
- grade A+48 Students
- grade A46 Students
- grade A45 Students
- grade A+37 Students
- grade A+32 Students
- grade A minus28 Students
View Homes Near Calipatria High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
grade C minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade C+
- Good for Familiesgrade C minus
- Housinggrade C+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade A minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 15 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 54 responses
- Hornet olympics22%
- High school madness20%
- Multi-culture day19%
- Spirit weeks13%
- Hornet parade for football homecoming11%
- Last day of school9%
grade B minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 13 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$17,133 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 13 responses
Calipatria High School Reviews
Rating 3.62 out of 5 102 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
The overall Calipatria High experience as a student is very great. One can easily get involved in sports, clubs, and other extra curriculars. The staff and teachers are very friendly and helpful. Unfortunately, one major are in which the school is lacking is university preparation. A lot of resources are provided for students who are falling behind, and in my experience as a top student applying to multiple four-year universities, not much help was provided. Staff would give reminders such as "remember to do your fafsa", but were not as helpful as when helping students who fell behind. Also, there was only two classes out of my entire high school career which challenged me. It is not very academically rigorous.
Calipatria HIghschool is a really unique school. This highschool is a Gold Ribbon school. The campus is very nice for it being such a small school. We have around ninety kids in our senior class, so you can get an idea how many students we would have in campus. Everyone in Calipatria HIghschool is really friendly. Mostly all kids know each other since we are such a small school. Our school may not be the greatest in sports but we have heart. The teachers would stop the lesson if one student does not fully understand a lesson. It gives the students that “one on one” opportunity with the teachers. Calipatria has a variety of classes going from Agriculture mechanisms to Food Prep to a drone flying class!
Calipatria High School is a small school. Everyone knows everyone. It is a very good school, but there are some things that are not very fair. For instance, our cadet program is a good program but those in the program can pretty much do and wear whatever they want. Let's say a girl wears leggings to school they are not see through but she will get dress code, yet if it were a cadet and her leggings were seen through she would not get told anything. There is favoritism and it's not out of control but it is there and all the students know it.