California High School
- CALIFORNIA, MO
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade B
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B minus
- Health & Safetygrade A minus
- Administrationgrade C+
- Sportsgrade C+
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B+
California High School is an above average, public school located in CALIFORNIA, MO. It has 421 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
California High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A minus62 Students
- grade B50 Students
- grade C+35 Students
- grade B minus33 Students
- grade B20 Students
- grade B+19 Students
- grade B+18 Students
- grade A17 Students
- grade C minus15 Students
- grade A minus13 Students
View Homes Near California High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A
- Good for Familiesgrade A minus
- Housinggrade A
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade A minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 10 responses
- School Plays40%
- Game Day Chants30%
- Sporting events20%
- FFA Barbeque10%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 9 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade B minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$9,047 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 9 responses
Schools like California High School
- grade B minusPrairie Home High School
- Prairie Home R-V School District, MO
- Rating 3.3 out of 5 27 reviews
- grade B minusRussellville High School
- Cole County R-I School District, MO
- Rating 3.85 out of 5 20 reviews
- grade C+Bunceton High School
- Cooper County R-IV School District, MO
- Rating 3.33 out of 5 6 reviews
- grade BTipton High School
- Tipton R-VI School District, MO
- Rating 3.2 out of 5 10 reviews
California High School Reviews
Rating 3.76 out of 5 83 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I loved the ratio of students to teachers. The small school environment was overall quite positive and allowed for better relationships between students and their peers as well as their teachers, counselors, and administration. The district values athletics as well as fine and practical arts, and continues to work to provide resources to encourage students development in the main academic areas as well as those beyond the traditional classroom.
California High School offers many different clubs and organizations for the student body. In addition to clubs and organizations, California High School offers excellent courses with great teachers. Students have a great opportunity to engage in a 1-on-1 conversation with teachers. Other than academics, California High School offers great athletic programs, including football, volleyball, basketball, baseball, and many more. California High School has state-of-the-art athletic facilities on campus for athletic and community use. California High School has been by home for the past four years and I wouldn't want to spend time at any other school.
Overall, California High School provided me with a great experience. The teachers are very helpful and want their students to succeed. The environment is outstanding. Students respect one another for the most part and although bullying is an issue, it isn't as bad as other schools. One thing that I believe California High School could improve on college readiness. Providing students with more classes that ready them for college, and more classes that will transfer as college credit.