California Academy of Mathematics & Science Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+196 Students
- A+151 Students
- A141 Students
- A132 Students
- A+121 Students
- A+119 Students
- B+105 Students
- A87 Students
- A+79 Students
Note: School map boundaries my have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.36 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.36 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 126 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.41 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.51 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.61 responses
California Academy of Mathematics & Science Reviews
Review California Academy of Mathematics & Science
California Academy of Mathematics and Science (CAMS) is a school that takes all dedication to get every student into college. There are many different people you meet; this school is really diverse and the best part about it is not just about the academics, but the cultures brought together by every person. This school is within the campus of a university so we have materials other schools don't really have, such as books from the university's library, as well as college classes we can take. There's not much change I hope to see from this school, however more exposure to nature would be really great.
CAMS was a very humbling experience. It tested me in many more ways possible than i could've imagined. During those times, I question my decision of choosing such a rigorous school for my high school career. But in the end, I loved every second of it. CAMS is not you typical high school. Our football team is the robotics club team. You wont spend your weekends having fun with friends instead you'll be doing a huge project that requires all the whole night to finish. This may sound terrible, but those experiences would have great rewards for the future. CAMS focuses on collaboration and working in groups just like the real world and They do a really good job of forcing individuals to exceed their limitations and learn more about themselves. I graduated CAMS knowing more about myself which might have been the greatest reward that you could get from graduating high school. If you want a challenge that has great rewards in the end choose CAMS.
CAMS is a challenging school with a very positive mind-set environment. Everyone there either wants to be successful or wants you to be successful. It definitely has courses that prepare you for college and test an individuals potential. I know it tested mine. What I really like about CAMS is the diversity it has to offer. Students from so many different backgrounds and cultures are introduced to me every year and each year I learn and understand their cultures better. Although CAMS has many great things, there are some things I wish could be different. For one, I feel very strongly that CAMS should have more than one councilor so when the time for college applications come, students can be sure to get a letter of recommendation and have one on one time with the councilor. I also feel that teachers should not expect an overwhelmingly amount of work from students.