Caliche Junior/Senior High School
- ILIFF, CO
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade B+
- Teachersgrade B minus
- College Prepgrade C+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B minus
- Health & Safetygrade B+
- Administrationgrade C+
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade C+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B minus
Caliche Junior/Senior High School is an above average, public school located in ILIFF, CO. It has 137 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
Caliche Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
No data available
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B41 Students
- grade A minus23 Students
- grade B minus21 Students
- grade A minus17 Students
- grade B minus9 Students
- grade A minus9 Students
- grade B minus7 Students
- grade A+7 Students
- grade A minus7 Students
- grade A minus6 Students
Map is loading
View Homes Near Caliche Junior/Senior High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade unavailable
- Good for Familiesgrade unavailable
- Housinggrade unavailable
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 3 responses
- Future Business Leaders of America33%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 3 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 3 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade B minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$9,947 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 4 responses
Caliche Junior/Senior High School Reviews
Rating 3.5 out of 5 28 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Caliche Junior-Senior High School has been a great place to have had the opportunity to spend my past few years of high school, as well as junior high. Throughout my experience attending Caliche there has been many ups as well as many downs. The community and small towns around Caliche is very small and friendly. The area of Colorado where Caliche Is located is very agriculture based and a big farming community. The school itself has some charming features as well as some notfeatures. The students are great and the faculty are all very friendly! The education being provided however is sometimes lacking. There are some classes where I feel like a gained the maximum amount of information available and some where I didn't learn anything. Overall Caliche Junior-Senior High School is a great school to attend if you are looking for a small town setting, and a friendly community and faculty!
The things that I have liked about Caliche Junior/Senior high school is the teachers. The reason why I have liked the teachers is because they have helped a lot over the years that I have been in high school and they have helped me get prepared for college. Another reason I like the teachers here at Caliche Junior/Senior high school is because they have given me so many different life skills and they have helped me find a great way to learn to the best of my ability. One thing I would change here at Caliche Junior/Senior high school is the way that we handle bullying. The reason I would change this is because some of the staff wouldn't help out the kids that are getting bullied and they wont give them a more strict punishment.
It is a good school, however, there has been a constant growth of nepotism, hypocrisy, entitlement, and simple just ignorance. There is a lack of funds. When the school receives funds the money is spent without informing the community and when the community is informed the money is going toward something unnecessary.