Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesA-
Calhoun High School is a public school located in Letohatchee, AL. It has 199 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 15% of students are at least proficient in math and 15% in reading.
Calhoun High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C45 Students
- B45 Students
- A42 Students
- A-41 Students
- C-40 Students
- B-33 Students
- A27 Students
- A-26 Students
- B23 Students
- B-22 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Calhoun High School Reviews
The small class size gave students the advantage of having better one on one learning with teachers. However, I would like to see more funding put into Calhoun and more extra curricular activities for students. There aren't many options for students outside of the band, sports, and JROTC.
My experience at The Calhoun High School was awesome. I met a lot of friends easily and participated in a lot of clubs and sports. The two major sports I participated in was basketball and cheerleading. Basketball was challenging. I started playing basketball my freshman year and stopped my junior year. I'm currently cheering my senior year. A club I'm apart of at Calhoun is the ambassador club. An ambassador is a leadership club that develops young students to become leaders instead of followers. I wouldn't change anything about Calhoun. I love the way my school is. I recommend anyone to go to this high school.
What i liked about Calhoun was the school pride that students walked around campus with. No matter where we went we always shown that we were proud to be Calhoun tigers. Also, we realized that we stood taller as a group than ourselves as individuals. Some things i would like to see change is community involvement because not enough family members and business owners look to pitch in with the becoming of their young leaders who will become the exact people to determine the future of the area.