Calhoun County High School
- ST. MATTHEWS, SC
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade C
- Diversitygrade A minus
- Teachersgrade B minus
- College Prepgrade C
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C+
- Health & Safetygrade B+
- Administrationgrade B+
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade A minus
Calhoun County High School is a public school located in ST. MATTHEWS, SC. It has 427 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Calhoun County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A130 Students
- grade B+100 Students
- grade A98 Students
- grade B minus97 Students
- grade B89 Students
- grade B minus88 Students
- grade B minus78 Students
- grade C+76 Students
- grade B73 Students
- grade B minus54 Students
View Homes Near Calhoun County High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade unavailable
- Good for Familiesgrade unavailable
- Housinggrade unavailable
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 22 responses
- My favorite school events are pep rallies18%
- Spirit Week14%
- I have none9%
- Pep rallies9%
grade A minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 10 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$13,080 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 12 responses
Calhoun County High School Reviews
Rating 3.77 out of 5 60 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Great school all around! As a student I was able to take on a trade and also dual enroll in college to gain college credits. I found that to be a great jump start on life, but as I graduated college recently, i found that there are high school students in other districts who actually have had the opportunity to not only take some college courses but completely graduate college while still in high school. I think that allowing students to dual enroll earlier in high school would be a good change. Also, there weren’t a lot of club activity and involvements which would create more cohesion amongst the students.
I have been attending Calhoun County High School for the past three years. Calhoun County has some of the best test scores because we are adequately prepared for the ACT, SAT, WIN, and the ASVAB. We are also given the opportunity to attend Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College for free. This benefits us because we can be sophomores in college once we graduate high school. The only thing I would change about Calhoun County is our clubs. I believe that we should have clubs so we can add these extra circulars to our transcripts.
I attended Calhoun County High school my 9th-grade year from leaving Saint Matthews k-8. Attending Calhoun County High school has helped in tremendous ways such as building unbreakable bonds with teachers and students and, learning how to accept me for me.