Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Caldwell Senior High School is a public school located in Caldwell, ID. It has 1,656 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 24 to 1. According to state test scores, 21% of students are at least proficient in math and 46% in reading.
Caldwell Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B223 Students
- A-166 Students
- B+150 Students
- B-117 Students
- C97 Students
- B+53 Students
- B-49 Students
- A48 Students
- A+44 Students
- B38 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 55 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.27 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.28 responses
Caldwell Senior High School Reviews
Needs More information about scholarships provided, especially merit based, etc. Food needs to be improved. Information on available resources for students needs to be made known to students. There is a large number of Hispanics and white students..not many other ethnic groups.
At Caldwell High School the staff do not expect much from us. They do not give us a challenging curriculum, don't have us write papers, the students are not being prepared for college, and many other things. The school also will change things to heighten their graduation rate. For example, my friend's sister was flunking every class except two, which were D's and hadn't turned in her Senior Project. The school went and said that if she baked brownies for a shelter then wrote a paper, which she also turned in late, she could graduate. Another thing. My Junior year of High School was the last year they did Senior Projects. Why? Simply because it's too hard on the teachers to grade the papers and look at a presentation of the project.
Some of the experiences I had were great, and others were fantastic! I participated in sports my first year there and did not appreciate the coaching styles and how they favored many of the students who's parents worked there. I quit sports and joined choir and theatre. I will never regret doing this, because choir and theatre taught me so much about myself and life. Caldwell Sr. High School had an outstanding arts program there and that was what the school was known for. If I had a choice, I would chose this school again, because the arts taught me and others so much and I made many lifelong friends in the process.