Caldwell High School
- CALDWELL, TX
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade A
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C+
- Health & Safetygrade B
- Administrationgrade C+
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade C minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C
Caldwell High School is an above average, public school located in CALDWELL, TX. It has 515 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Caldwell High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+139 Students
- grade C minus109 Students
- grade B63 Students
- grade B+62 Students
- grade A+57 Students
- grade A50 Students
- grade A minus28 Students
- grade B27 Students
- grade B25 Students
- grade A minus24 Students
Map is loading
View Homes Near Caldwell High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade unavailable
- Good for Familiesgrade unavailable
- Housinggrade unavailable
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- no data--
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- no data--
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 4 responses
- Pep rallies25%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 5 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$8,947 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 10 responses
Schools like Caldwell High School
- grade B minusSnook Secondary School
- Snook Independent School District, TX
- Rating 3.03 out of 5 38 reviews
- grade BMilano High School
- Milano Independent School District, TX
- Rating 3.31 out of 5 45 reviews
- grade B minusSomerville High School
- Somerville Independent School District, TX
- Rating 4.08 out of 5 13 reviews
- grade B+Mumford High School
- Mumford Independent School District, TX
- Rating 4.18 out of 5 17 reviews
Caldwell High School Reviews
Rating 3.07 out of 5 57 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Caldwell high school was nothing to write home about. Granted, I made memories there with friends that I wouldn’t trade for anything, but the school, along with some of the staff/administration, need an update. I enjoyed most of my teachers while I attended Caldwell High School. I would recommend more small freedoms for the students, such as allowing students to use their phones during lunch without getting in trouble. I would also include more of the off campus lunches as rewards for future events.
Currently CHS I’m under construction adding amazing new facilities, classrooms and a turfed football field. Would’ve been amazing to be a student to be able to enjoy the new things, but I still loved my time there. So many teachers were welcoming, helpful and encouraging. That what my favorite thing was. Being able to know my teachers had me back and loved what they teach so it made class more fun.
I thouroulghy enjoy school at Caldwell High. Over all, the atmosphere put on by the administration is hands down amazing. It's very evident that my teachers care for my well being in and outside of school. Not to mention, most of the students are very respectful and are well behaved. I couldn't ask for a better public school environment to grow up in!