Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A
- Diversitygrade B
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade A+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B minus
- Health & Safetygrade B+
- Administrationgrade C+
- Sportsgrade A minus
- Foodgrade C
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C
Calabasas High School is a highly rated, public school located in Calabasas, CA. It has 2,005 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 26 to 1. According to state test scores, 44% of students are at least proficient in math and 59% in reading.
Calabasas High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+486 Students
- grade A+383 Students
- grade A+369 Students
- grade A+366 Students
- grade A313 Students
- grade A minus255 Students
- grade A228 Students
- grade A191 Students
- grade A173 Students
- grade A+173 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade D+
- Good for Familiesgrade A minus
- Housinggrade C minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 35 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 35 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 99 responses
- Performing arts19%
- Homecoming, Vice, and Basketball games17%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 40 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 40 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 40 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 51 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 51 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 51 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade B minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$11,469 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 55 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 55 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 55 responses
Schools like Calabasas High School
- grade AAgoura High School
- Las Virgenes Unified School District, CA
- Rating 3.88 out of 5 438 reviews
- grade AMalibu High School
- Santa Monica-Malibu Unified School District, CA
- Rating 3.57 out of 5 115 reviews
- grade A+Beverly Hills High School
- Beverly Hills Unified School District, CA
- Rating 3.64 out of 5 318 reviews
- grade A+Westlake High School
- Conejo Valley Unified School District, CA
- Rating 3.85 out of 5 485 reviews
Calabasas High School Reviews
Rating 3.73 out of 5 286 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Calabasas High School offers an excellent education. Even with the Covid-19 closure, the on-line learning was great! I really like how the teachers go out of their way to acknowledge your work and are passionate about teaching.
The school is in a very "sheltered" neighborhood with a lot of wealthy parents who are a large part of their kids' school lives. Safe as can be, the occasional theft by a student is overshadowed by its many years without any danger on campus, with a peaceful, academically-minded environment. Although test scores are high, unfortunately math and science are not the school's strong suit, and there isn't much to get involved with in these subjects on campus. Resources are however provided enough for students to get a solid understanding of these subjects. Music is the school's strong suit - its choir and bands (which I was a part of) are nationally competitive year by year, and the school hosts a multi-million dollar Performing Arts Theater where the school's students produce this music. All in all, it is a great school!
I attended this school all four years. Compared to other schools, this school is exceptional in terms of academic rigor. The tests prepare students for their AP exams, however self studying is a must if students want to excel. Everyone is competitive, which can be a good thing because it drives students to become over-achievers. The music and arts department is outstanding. The math, English, and history departments are superb and definitely challenge students and prepare them for their AP exams. The science department definitely needs work (there is a lot of self-studying that is done on the student's part). Overall, students find that other schools are much easier in comparison. Calabasas High challenges students but isn't overkill, per se.