Calabasas High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+228 Students
- A+227 Students
- A+182 Students
- A+182 Students
- A143 Students
- A129 Students
- A-119 Students
- A+106 Students
- A+103 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.22 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.22 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.27 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.38 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.42 responses
Calabasas High School Reviews
Review Calabasas High School
When I started at Calabasas in my sophomore year it wasn't the worst school I've ever attended, but it wasn't the best either. I had one teacher who was both a good teacher and a good person, but the rest either hated their jobs or didn't teach well. Now there are many new teachers who are much much better; however, I never got to experience being in their classes. The school had a majority of white kids so there was little diversity. Now it's much more diverse, but there is awful integration of minority students. The administration was and still is a mix of pleasant people, and awful people. There is a higher selection of AP classes which weren't previously available for students. There never was and still isn't any school culture or spirit. There are clubs, but many of them are useless or unorganized. Additionally, some classes give you an unbearable amount of busy work; it makes classes that would otherwise be extremely enjoyable, extremely tedious
Most students make up a good group of kids, but there is definitely a loud niche of students. Diveristy is there if you look for it, but the student body is predominantly Caucasian and financially well off. Academically, the school is superior amongst other schools in the district, state, and nation. CHS has highly honored academic competition, music, and theater programs. The new Performing Arts and Education Center mimic a professional theater with a wide group of dedicated students on the stage, in the scene shop, and in the pit band. Overall, a great school if you utilize its resources well.
Calabasas High is a great school. I'm currently a junior at this school and I would not want to be anywhere else! Most of the kids are very friendly and open to converse with fellow students. However, there is definitely a group of students who may be stuck up or be involved in some unacceptable behaviors: stay away from those groups! Evidently, high school is a place where one should be prepared for college, and the teachers at Calabasas High definitely do that!