Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyC
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Cairo High School is a public, charter school located in Cairo, GA. It has 1,254 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 18% of students are at least proficient in math and 23% in reading.
Cairo High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-136 Students
- A+126 Students
- B+99 Students
- B98 Students
- C70 Students
- C+60 Students
- A54 Students
- B+47 Students
- A+43 Students
- B41 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.20 responses
Cairo High School Reviews
Incredible school, i love the staff there and all the amazing programs there. Being able to take college classes and a pathway so once i graduate I could get a job is just amazing. I am grateful for all those things that Cairo High has to offer. GO MAKERS!
The main thing I would like to talk about is the black and brown community at Cairo high school. We get treated very differently than the white students. Because of this we have a lot of tension at the school. A lot of times black or brown girls will get called out for wearing something but our white students will not get called out. Also some of the teachers really do not care about the students education and you can tell. While not all teachers at Cairo high are like this mostly all of the teachers are. The building is horrible. All last year on the science wing the girls did not have a restroom because of the mold in the restroom and do not get me started on the rats and bats inside the building. The only thing that is good about Cairo is our spirit for football games.
Cairo High School is in a very conservative town, the faculty doesn't hide the fact that they are either. The education I've received is varied, some teachers really cared about teaching but others were obviously just there for a check.