Cairo High School is a public, charter school located in Cairo, GA. It has 1,186 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 16% of students are at least proficient in math and 28% in reading.
Cairo High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+113 Students
- C+112 Students
- B+87 Students
- B81 Students
- C+62 Students
- A47 Students
- B+38 Students
- A+37 Students
- A-34 Students
- B33 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.20 responses
Cairo High School Reviews
Cairo High is a great school and they prepare you for college! Also I made many friends and memories at this school. The teachers and guidance councilors there help you out so much with your school work and submitting your work for college!
Cairo High School is surrounded by a very supportive community. The dual-enrollment program has flourished at Cairo High, and the vocational programs have progressed leaps and bounds. However, if academics are concerned, Cairo High does not compete with surrounding school systems. There are some AMAZING teachers at CHS, but, due to lack of resources and outdated equipment, there are many handicaps to the effectiveness of these great educators.
Cairo high school is filled with inadequate teachers who have no study in the field they are teaching. This combined with the monstrous 30+ student classes make a chaotic learning environment. Most of the information you learn at the school is self-taught and is general information. Those who genuinely seek an education opt to take dual-enrollment classes, which are college classes offered during high school. Though the academic rigor is only slightly higher because the college is a local technical college, it provides some redeeming qualities such as the ability to graduate with an AA as well as your high school diploma.