Cairo-Durham High School is a public school located in Cairo, NY. It has 357 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 87% of students are at least proficient in math and 92% in reading.
Cairo-Durham High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+32 Students
- B+23 Students
- C+20 Students
- A+18 Students
- B16 Students
- B-16 Students
- B14 Students
- A14 Students
- A-12 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like Cairo-Durham High School
- BCoxsackie-Athens High School
- Coxsackie-Athens Central School District, NY
- 61 reviews
- B-Catskill Senior High School
- Catskill Central School District, NY
- 80 reviews
- BWindham Ashland Central School
- Windham-Ashland-Jewett Central School District, NY
- 27 reviews
- B-Ravena-Coeymans-Selkirk Senior High School
- Ravena-Coeymans-Selkirk Central School District, NY
- 30 reviews
Cairo-Durham High School Reviews
Cairo-Durham High School is the typical school that, upon first glance, may seem to deserve two stars for its old, mundane design and structure. However, the educational opportunities within are infinite for the most eager-to-learn students and challenging for the most scholarly. With new building updates that will be implemented in the coming years and course opportunities that are constantly expanding, Cairo-Durham High School is the exemplar of an educational institution that facilitates both College and Career Readiness and the critical thinking required in the modern world.
I was able to take advanced placement and college courses while in Hugh school, which was nice. The food selection was terrible, many items are outdated and produce isn’t fresh. I had to pay for water because the water from the fountains is not always consumable. The administration was constantly changing and seemed to be out of touch with the students.
Cairo-Durham high school is a very special high school for most students. Despite it's very small size, it does have a good range of sports, clubs and academic courses. Obviously, Cairo-Durham's issues mainly stem from it's small size, which could be both good or bad depending on your views. There is little diversity and not so quality facilities. However, because of it's size most of the students and teachers know each other and develop meaningful relationships.