Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesD
Byron Area High School is a public school located in Byron, MI. It has 344 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 23 to 1. According to state test scores, 5% of students are at least proficient in math and 5% in reading.
Byron Area High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B62 Students
- A61 Students
- B46 Students
- B-39 Students
- B-38 Students
- A+37 Students
- B+36 Students
- B-34 Students
- B34 Students
- B33 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 24 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Byron Area High School Reviews
I had a very pleasant at Byron High School. With a very small class size, I always received the help I needed. The teacher to student ratio was very reasonable. There were never very many AP courses offered, but this was made up of the dual enrollment opportunities we were given. Many juniors and seniors participate in a dual-enrolled experience through the University of Michigan-Flint, Baker, Mott, LCC, and the Genessee Career Institute. These opportunities made us college-ready and prepared us for our future college experience. Classroom sets of Chromebooks were used along with computer labs. The newly renovated science labs were used for Biology, Physical Science, Chemistry, Physics, and Anatomy/Physiology. Sports are offered at both Junior Varsity and Varsity level. Clubs are also offered including GSA, Robotics, Band, Choir, etc. Byron High School is a great school in a small farm town of Byron, Michigan.
I love Byron High School! The teachers and faculty are fantastic, extremely helpful and attentive to their students' needs, willing to assist them in any way they can. I wish we'd get air conditioning or possibly another set of bathrooms in the main two hallways.
My experience at Byron Area High School has been amazing over the past four years. I love that my school is so small and everybody knows everybody. Also, the teachers are great! I am very happy with my school and the community around it. One thing I would like to see change would have to be more class options.