Byram Hills High School is a top rated, public school located in Armonk, NY. It has 870 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 99% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
Byram Hills High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+87 Students
- A+76 Students
- A+65 Students
- A+65 Students
- A+63 Students
- A+62 Students
- A+61 Students
- A+57 Students
- A57 Students
- A+56 Students
Living in the Area
- Crime & SafetyA-
- Cost of LivingC-
- Good for FamiliesA+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Schools like Byram Hills High School
- A+New Canaan High School
- New Canaan School District, CT
- 163 reviews
- A+Horace Greeley High School
- Chappaqua Central School District, NY
- 97 reviews
- A+Weston High School
- Weston School District, CT
- 123 reviews
- A+Bronxville High School
- Bronxville Union Free School District, NY
- 67 reviews
Byram Hills High School Reviews
My high school experience has been alright so far. There has been a lot of ups and downs throughout the four years. An up would be the services the school has recently provided for the students. However, these only pertain to everything but academical. They recently added a cafe, an array of HD TVs throughout the school, and a rumored "meditation" room in the library. The major down for this school as expected is the education and the teachers that provide such. Quite a few of them don't know how to teach and or know what they need to teach to the students for them to succeed in a particular subject. The school district needs to reevaluate those and get new qualified teachers...
Byram Hills has a closed campus policy, so the security of the students is generally ideal. There is usually a police man on campus. Many of the students are friends with the officer and he is seen as a respected authoritative figure, not as a threat. Byram Hills participates in the peer leader programs, having seniors help lead in teaching sophomores more advanced health. Bullying is not tolerated at all and if the principles or teachers find out, there will be trouble. However, unless reported, it does tend to slip by them sometimes. Overall, Byram Hills is a very safe school and a generally healthy environment too.
There are many extracurricular activities. There are so many clubs that students can get involved in and they don't require too much commitment so many students do participate in more than one. Byram Hills has a great theater program and the students who usually aren't athletes are helping with the show. There are many sport options and the teams range on how good they are, and therefore their selectiveness. Most students participate in some type of after school program. A lot of the guys tend to use the weight room in their offseason or whenever they feel like they want a workout.