Byng High School is an above average, public school located in Ada, OK. It has 287 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
Byng High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-161 Students
- A99 Students
- A71 Students
- B57 Students
- B34 Students
- C30 Students
- B+28 Students
- B23 Students
- C+22 Students
- B-17 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 32 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Byng High School Reviews
Byng is a very friendly and accepting place. There are cliques, but that’s to be expected in any high school. If you are new, you’re bound to find a friend quickly. The Student Council even has a New Student Luncheon at the beginning of every year! Almost every teacher is fantastic! There is one guy who teaches three different sciences and let me tell you, he is fantastic. There’s also a woman who teaches three different math classes and she couldn’t be better. All the core class teachers can’t be beat. there’s a teacher who does three of the arts who’s kinda sketchy but if you’re one of her favorites you’ll be fine. Other than that Byng is spectacular. Great school to go to. Almost moved to Ada, but I’m glad I didn’t.
Byng is one of those schools where they’re known for everything. They’re known for their amazing students and teachers. The students are all so welcoming and kind. Everyone seems to get along. All students support each other. Whether it comes to sports or academics, the students are supportive of everything. The teachers are probably the most generous, brilliant, kind hearted people you’ve ever met. No matter if they’re busy or stressed, they’ll always help their students in need. I’m truly lucky to be apart of such an amazing school. I’ve made such strong bonds with both students and teachers. Byng High School is filled with the best people ever.
Byng High School is a great high school, the administration could use some adjustment, but other than that moving there was a good decision for me! Byng gives a very home type environment and the teachers really do care about the students. The teachers are very interested in the students and care very much about our education, they prepared me for college and all the hard work it will take to earn my degree. I enjoyed my time at Byng High School!