Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade C
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C
- Health & Safetygrade C minus
- Administrationgrade D+
- Sportsgrade B
- Foodgrade C
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C minus
Butte High School is a public school located in Butte, MT. It has 1,208 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 33% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Butte High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B+298 Students
- grade B+245 Students
- grade B minus207 Students
- grade B87 Students
- grade C+54 Students
- grade A45 Students
- grade B minus40 Students
- grade B38 Students
- grade A minus32 Students
- grade A minus31 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B
- Housinggrade B minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade C minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 17 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 54 responses
- Friday night football games20%
- Fall dance19%
- Home coming19%
- Spirit Week4%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 26 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
No data available
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 29 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 29 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 29 responses
Butte High School Reviews
Rating 3.4 out of 5 159 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Butte High is an amazing school and for all the right reasons. No matter what your hobbies are, you can find comfort in some way at Butte High. The school does not have much diversity, but the school is excellent. The teachers are all absolutely amazing, and they all show that they love what they do and who they do it for. The accessible technology is something this school is really known for, as it is one of the most advanced technological high schools in Montana. Butte High offers a variety of opportunities, especially for those looking to go to a college in Montana. Butte High offers Dual Credit classes, which means you can earn not only high school credit, but also college credit as well. Butte High has a very safe feel to it, especially with all of the caring staff and teachers in the building. I can not say enough great things about this school! So if you are an incoming Butte High Bulldog, don’t worry, this is a great place for you and you will fit right in!
So far, my experience at Butte High School has been exciting. The teachers and staff are very welcoming, as well as easy to talk to. I have created strong relationships and trust among my teachers. I have also gotten to see what brings out the best in people every day. For example, who is better at speaking publicly, who is willing to take risks, and who is willing to lend out a helping hand. The teaching techniques vary among teachers. I have learned that I am very much so a visual learner, and I enjoy being in the Butte High School classrooms.
I liked having the ability to eat lunch outside of school, the qualified teachers, and the small amount of students for more one on one time. I believe they need to work on their counseling because many students have mental health issues and they aren't making a difference. A lot of the time they are rude when trying to figure out the basic school stuff and not easy to talk to. Overall, I've learned a lot and believe it is a good school.