Butte High School is a public school located in Butte, MT. It has 1,199 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 34% of students are at least proficient in math and 56% in reading.
Butte High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B263 Students
- B+207 Students
- B-177 Students
- B78 Students
- C+44 Students
- B-36 Students
- A+36 Students
- B+30 Students
- A-24 Students
- A24 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 47 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.24 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.27 responses
Butte High School Reviews
I Have spent three years of my life at Butte High School. Over these years, I have met several influential people in my life between the wonderful teachers and the various students. The school does need some improvements though. In my school we have problems with students not showing up to school, being involved with substances, and things such as low school spirit. It seems as sports are the only important aspect of our school instead of our education.
Butte High has a wonderful staff that is eager to help you achieve your academic goals. They offer a variety of classes ranging from below basic to college level in difficulty. They also have many facilities for their plethora of clubs, sports and activities.
Butte High School is a very organized school. The teachers are really kind and polite and they care about your grades. If you are struggling they will help you out in any way possible. Some things I would like to change is how our school money is portioned, most of our money that we receive goes to sports.