Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Butler High School is a highly rated, public school located in Vandalia, OH. It has 884 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 40% of students are at least proficient in math and 76% in reading.
Butler High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A194 Students
- B-188 Students
- A+175 Students
- A133 Students
- A-121 Students
- A-115 Students
- B-95 Students
- B91 Students
- A-43 Students
- B42 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 29 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.23 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.25 responses
Schools like Butler High School
- A-Northmont High School
- Northmont City School District, OH
- 286 reviews
- A-Beavercreek High School
- Beavercreek City School District, OH
- 378 reviews
- B+Troy High School
- Troy City School District, OH
- 157 reviews
- BBethel High School
- Bethel Local School District, OH
- 57 reviews
Butler High School Reviews
As soon as you walk in the doors of Butler High School you’ll be greeted with a friendly face. The administration is committed to making everyone feel welcome and at home. Students here are friendly and accepting. Teachers want to see you succeed. Butler High is committed to helping you find and achieve your goals in life. They equip you with the things you’ll need for after graduation, and beyond. Go Aviators!
Attending Butler High School is a fantastic experience. My favorite part about it is the family vibe. The whole district always comes together as one and really supports everyone. We have started an annual district wide pep assembly where every Vandalia district school comes together and celebrates another school year. The teachers are excellent at what they do! They prepare students academically for sure! They know how to challenge students to push further and really go outside the box. We've created many unique clubs so that someone can always be part of something special. In recent years we have also upgraded our safety procedures for students and staff. Including adding special safety security officers in every school. In conclusion attending Butler and Vandalia district schools my whole life have made me who I am today and I am very thankful.
While attending Butler, the school had ongoing major construction and many of the classes were held outside of the main building in portable classrooms. Despite the constant shuffle, staff and students adjusted quite well and all problems were dealt with quickly and efficiently. The Butler Senior Exit Program, or BSEP, was an interesting take on readying students for success. I believe the concept is great but believe partner pairing and content selection could have been executed or assisted more efficiently. Overall, a great place to be with many students with big dreams that hold each other to high but achievable standards.