Butler High School is a highly rated, public school located in Vandalia, OH. It has 971 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 65% in reading.
Butler High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-158 Students
- B-156 Students
- A+146 Students
- A109 Students
- A-99 Students
- A95 Students
- B69 Students
- C+67 Students
- B39 Students
- B34 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 23 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.22 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.24 responses
Schools like Butler High School
- B+Northmont High School
- Northmont City School District, OH
- 262 reviews
- A-Beavercreek High School
- Beavercreek City School District, OH
- 338 reviews
- B+Troy High School
- Troy City School District, OH
- 147 reviews
- BBethel High School
- Bethel Local School District, OH
- 48 reviews
Butler High School Reviews
While attending Butler, the school had ongoing major construction and many of the classes were held outside of the main building in portable classrooms. Despite the constant shuffle, staff and students adjusted quite well and all problems were dealt with quickly and efficiently. The Butler Senior Exit Program, or BSEP, was an interesting take on readying students for success. I believe the concept is great but believe partner pairing and content selection could have been executed or assisted more efficiently. Overall, a great place to be with many students with big dreams that hold each other to high but achievable standards.
Butler is a very spirited high school and a has a good atmosphere. Although we may not win every game, we make up for it in school spirit and pride. Many resources are available, such as honors and AP classes, MVCTC, Sinclair and CCP classes, etc. They make it easy to find something that works for you. The teachers are willing to work with students to help them if they need it. The clubs and activities are average, similar to most other schools clubs and activitirs.
I loved the teachers I had here. I was a guidance aide for four years and spent a lot of time with Mrs. Snyder. I still talk to her and catch up! She is an amazing person I met there, along with many other teachers, coaches, and students. I had a great high school experience from my awesome teachers, being a guidance aide, playing tennis and track, and being a part of clubs and going to school events and games.