Butler High School is an above average, public school located in Butler, NJ. It has 485 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+46 Students
- B33 Students
- B29 Students
- A29 Students
- A27 Students
- A-23 Students
- B+22 Students
- B+18 Students
- B+17 Students
- A+16 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Butler High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Schools like Butler High School
- BJefferson Township High School
- Jefferson Township School District, NJ
- 61 reviews
- B+Cedar Grove High School
- Cedar Grove Township School District, NJ
- 118 reviews
- A-Emerson Junior/Senior High School
- Emerson Public Schools, NJ
- 58 reviews
- A-Waldwick High School
- Waldwick School District, NJ
- 43 reviews
Butler High School Reviews
Butler High School is a small, inoffensive school nestled in the hills of North Jersey and cradled by the Pequannock River. Its students are just trying to get by, and the teachers range between quirky, apathetic, or just simply sociopathic. The buildings themselves that make up the campus are old and slightly deteriorated, and no air conditioning exists in most rooms. The administration tries its best, but is simply too incompetent to perform well most of the time. Since Butler is a lower income area than the rest of the county, many students are rather prone to disruptive behavior and bullying, which the faculty takes an unfortunately lax stance on. Academically the school is nothing special, and manages to almost competently teach its students.
Butler is a small high school with less than 600 students. Our class sizes are small so teachers get to know you personally. You also have the opportunity to participate in many clubs and other activities. The workload can be a lot, but I have learned much during my time at Butler High School.
Meh, It's mot the greatest, many of my friends are not even going to Butler High School and this is because it doesn't have enough sports, the education isn't great, the food is bad, and most of my friends think that the school sucks.