Butler High School
- BUTLER, NJ
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade B
- Teachersgrade B minus
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Health & Safetygrade B
- Administrationgrade C
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade C+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B minus
Butler High School is an above average, public school located in BUTLER, NJ. It has 471 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 50% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Butler High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B+71 Students
- grade B56 Students
- grade B54 Students
- grade A50 Students
- grade A minus48 Students
- grade B+45 Students
- grade A minus38 Students
- grade B+37 Students
- grade B30 Students
- grade B minus28 Students
Map is loading
View Homes Near Butler High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade C
- Good for Familiesgrade A minus
- Housinggrade C+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 13 responses
- Pep Rally and Class Color Wars38%
- Band night15%
- Mr. Butler competition15%
- Spirit Week8%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 7 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$21,506 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 9 responses
Schools like Butler High School
- grade B minusJefferson Township High School
- Jefferson Township School District, NJ
- Rating 3.37 out of 5 84 reviews
- grade BCedar Grove High School
- Cedar Grove Township School District, NJ
- Rating 3.71 out of 5 141 reviews
- grade AEmerson Junior/Senior High School
- Emerson Public School District, NJ
- Rating 3.64 out of 5 73 reviews
- grade B+Waldwick High School
- Waldwick School District, NJ
- Rating 3.77 out of 5 48 reviews
Butler High School Reviews
Rating 3.79 out of 5 43 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
When I was in this HS it was a totally different experience than the current students have. We had a principal that was later accused of child abuse. The band was small but fun but all outside attention was placed on the football team. Unfortunately for us theater kids we had gotten the short end of the stick. Now from what I hear its a totally different and wonderful place. Good old BHS!
Butler High School is a small, inoffensive school nestled in the hills of North Jersey and cradled by the Pequannock River. Its students are just trying to get by, and the teachers range between quirky, apathetic, or just simply sociopathic. The buildings themselves that make up the campus are old and slightly deteriorated, and no air conditioning exists in most rooms. The administration tries its best, but is simply too incompetent to perform well most of the time. Since Butler is a lower income area than the rest of the county, many students are rather prone to disruptive behavior and bullying, which the faculty takes an unfortunately lax stance on. Academically the school is nothing special, and manages to almost competently teach its students.
The staff at this high school are amazing at what they do and really encourage you to be the best possible version of yourself. They want you to succeed academically and personally. Some of the teachers are just there to get paid and not do their job, but an overall amazing experience.