Butler Area Senior High School
- BUTLER, PA
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B+
- Diversitygrade C
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C+
- Health & Safetygrade B minus
- Administrationgrade C minus
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade C minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C
Butler Area Senior High School is an above average, public school located in BUTLER, PA. It has 1,444 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 79% of students are at least proficient in math and 80% in reading.
Butler Area Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B115 Students
- grade A98 Students
- grade B minus88 Students
- grade A+69 Students
- grade B minus57 Students
- grade B minus50 Students
- grade A minus48 Students
- grade A+46 Students
- grade B minus29 Students
- grade B minus28 Students
Map is loading
View Homes Near Butler Area Senior High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B+
- Good for Familiesgrade B
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade B minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 12 responses
- Caring angel Fundraising25%
- Marching band events25%
- Spirit Week17%
- theatre events8%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 4 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$15,376 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 4 responses
Butler Area Senior High School Reviews
Rating 3.66 out of 5 38 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
In the Butler Senior High the experience is fun and adventurous. Academics and extracurricular classes inform and teach you so many amazing things to know in the future. The Butler Senior High also has many different after school groups including sports, musical, band, orchestra, riffle, JROTC, etc. These groups makes are school our own, we are special in our own way. These groups create family and hold our school together, we all stick together and we are all for one! These are just a few things to start about the Butler Senior High School and there is much much more I can say. To sum this all together, the Butler Senior High School is a wonderful school and I wouldn't want to go to any other school.
Butler is a fairly large high school that gives students many opportunities with abundant class options, vocational-technical training on campus, and excellent sports teams. This is all great however, Butler also lacks funding for some essential materials and staff. In my experience, Butler also has a bad behavioral record despite the administration's best efforts and extensive security precautions. When all said and done Butler gave me all I needed for high school and has above average test scores.
Butler Senior High has everything you would expect from a typical high school. Unfortunately for them, they do not go outside of the box and the systems and guidelines they put in place promote inappropriate behavior and bullying. While teachers can be good or bad, it is more the administration and staff that concerns those who attend with their lack of passion or ability to politely converse with students. Over the years, the variety of unique classes offered to students have gone down due to budget cuts made to help finance the football team, who have failed to win more than roughly 5 games in the same amount of years.