Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Burris Laboratory School is a highly rated, public school located in Muncie, IN. It has 669 students in grades K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 73% of students are at least proficient in math and 83% in reading.
Burris Laboratory School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B103 Students
- A61 Students
- A+43 Students
- A-26 Students
- C+17 Students
- B+15 Students
- A-14 Students
- A+14 Students
- A-11 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Schools like Burris Laboratory School
- B+Wapahani High School
- Liberty-Perry Community School Corporation, IN
- 78 reviews
- A-Yorktown High School
- Yorktown Community Schools, IN
- 104 reviews
- BDelta High School
- Delaware Community School Corporation, IN
- 85 reviews
- B+Shenandoah High School
- Shenandoah School Corporation, IN
- 38 reviews
Burris Laboratory School Reviews
I would like to see some changes in the administration, but the teachers do care about the students and the level of academics are high! Low bullying and sense of friendship and acceptance among the kids.
There are a lot of good educational opportunities at this school, but sometimes it feels like the feelings and needs of the high school students aren't given as much importance as the elementary students. However, there are some excellent teachers and I feel like I have learned more and better than I could have at another school.
Burris is a school where there is no judgment and I feel completely safe. The school faculty are not only our teachers and principal but our friends and someone we can trust. They do not give up on a student no matter what. If i could make a change i’d change the size of the school, it’s quite small. Also, more diversity in the school would be excellent.