Burr & Burton Academy is a highly rated, private, boarding school located in Macnhester, VT. It has 711 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 9 to 1. Tuition is $46,900 for the highest grade offered. After graduation, 75% of students from this school go on to attend a 4-year college.
Tuition is for the highest grade offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
Boarding (Tuition + Boarding)
Received Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid
Burr & Burton Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-147 Students
- A+55 Students
- A+34 Students
- B+34 Students
- A-32 Students
- B31 Students
- A+31 Students
- A-28 Students
- A28 Students
- A+27 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 49 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Burr & Burton Academy Reviews
I am a senior at BBA. BBA is an amazing school with great faculty, staff, teachers, and most importantly...food. As with any institution there are still some changes to be made. For example, communication could be more streamlined as it is often difficult to get the correct information regarding certain schedule changes and the such, and our diversity is a bit low because Vermont is a mostly white state, so our only bits of diversity come from a warning African-American and Asian-American as well as our eighty or so exchange students. All in all a great school!
This is a great school to get you prepared for college. The academic program is designed to emphasize college preparedness. If you are looking for a school that will help get your ready for the next academic steps in your life, this is the place to go. The school is not great in helping or pushing students towards trades. The arts programs within the school are fantastic. Plays, shows, cinematography, and other arts programs are top notch. Athletically, the school has very strong programs that are consistently top, or near the top, in the region. Some coaches are stronger than others and put more of an emphasis on the team. Overall, Burr & Burton Academy is a top notch school that consistently graduates college ready students.
I have loved my three years at BBA. I transferred in my sophomore year, and the school did everything they could to make the transition as easy as possible. They even took advice and implemented new ideas on how to make the process easier for future transfer students based off my experience and critiques. The teachers are great, you can tell they really care about all their students. All programs at the school, from sports, to music, to art, to academics, to drama thrive and are filled with so many talented and passionate people. It is a supportive environment to go to high school in, and all students are pushed to fill their full potential and really succeed. They also have a semester program called the Mountain Campus, which is life changing for any student who goes through it. I am so thankful that this was where I got to go to high school.