Burnsville Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in Burnsville, MN. It has 1,888 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 64% in reading.
Burnsville Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+401 Students
- A143 Students
- B-126 Students
- B+122 Students
- A+118 Students
- B110 Students
- B101 Students
- A96 Students
- B90 Students
- B+90 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.38 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.38 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.64 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.64 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.64 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.74 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.74 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.74 responses
Schools like Burnsville Senior High School
- C+Burnsville Alternative High School
- Burnsville Public School District, MN
- 5 reviews
- B+Simley Senior High School
- Inver Grove Heights Community Schools, MN
- 190 reviews
- BKennedy Senior High School
- Bloomington Public School District, MN
- 208 reviews
- A-Highland Park Senior High School
- St. Paul Public School District, MN
- 179 reviews
Burnsville Senior High School Reviews
Although there were many awesome opportunities available at BHS, the budget cuts often made things far less affordable to students. The teachers were either really amazing or really awful, the administration did not care about students at all--just publicity and money, and serious safety threats to the school were never handled properly. The district cut funding to the music department, Youth In Government, and several other non athletic activities. One of the female guidance counselors was horrible and neglected the wellness of several students in my year alone. The way the school administration handled bullying, threats, crime, etc. was honestly horrifying. I will never send my children there and I advise no one else to until they clean up their safety protocol, start treating their staff and students like humans and not dollar signs, and handle the safety more seriously.
I loved going to Burnsville! The school has amazing diversity and fun school spirit. I participated in two sports for the high school and everyone was very supportive and the coach staff was great! The athletic director is the best person you will ever meet. Burnsville has dedicated teacher who all really care about there students but the administrators really get in their way. I think they need to change, if ten year teachers are leaving because of administration then you know they have a problem. Over all I loved my time a Burnsville and I will forever be proud to the blaze.
Burnsville High School is leading the state of Minnesota in the areas of technology integration and college preparation by providing one-to-one learning and several CIS/AP courses at the high school level. The school is one of the most diverse in the suburban area in which it sits and this has been said to be one of the schools greatest strengths, but also one of their largest challenges. Burnsville supports several activities, clubs, and sports with some of the most notable being their Quizbowl, Blazette, Weightlifting, and Winter Drumline competitive activities. This high school is heavily focused on the community and hosts several open-invitation events with the help of the faculty and parents. Overall, this newly renovated high school is heading in the right direction with a huge amount of potential which will carry it through the years.