Burnsville High School is an above average, public school located in Burnsville, MN. It has 2,611 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 56% in reading.
Burnsville High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+411 Students
- A-150 Students
- B-128 Students
- B+126 Students
- A+123 Students
- B117 Students
- B105 Students
- A98 Students
- B94 Students
- B93 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.43 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.43 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.69 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.69 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.69 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.79 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.79 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.79 responses
Schools like Burnsville High School
- NGBurnsville Alternative High School
- Burnsville Public School District, MN
- 5 reviews
- B+Simley Senior High School
- Inver Grove Heights Community Schools, MN
- 193 reviews
- BKennedy Senior High School
- Bloomington Public School District, MN
- 217 reviews
- A-Highland Park Senior High School
- St. Paul Public School District, MN
- 189 reviews
Burnsville High School Reviews
Overall, great expirience! Diverse school, the kids come together when the school needs it, student always work hard to get the stuff done. Teacher are amazing, sweet, kind and caring.
Although there were many awesome opportunities available at BHS, the budget cuts often made things far less affordable to students. The teachers were either really amazing or really awful, the administration did not care about students at all--just publicity and money, and serious safety threats to the school were never handled properly. The district cut funding to the music department, Youth In Government, and several other non athletic activities. One of the female guidance counselors was horrible and neglected the wellness of several students in my year alone. The way the school administration handled bullying, threats, crime, etc. was honestly horrifying. I will never send my children there and I advise no one else to until they clean up their safety protocol, start treating their staff and students like humans and not dollar signs, and handle the safety more seriously.
I loved going to Burnsville! The school has amazing diversity and fun school spirit. I participated in two sports for the high school and everyone was very supportive and the coach staff was great! The athletic director is the best person you will ever meet. Burnsville has dedicated teacher who all really care about there students but the administrators really get in their way. I think they need to change, if ten year teachers are leaving because of administration then you know they have a problem. Over all I loved my time a Burnsville and I will forever be proud to the blaze.