Burns High School is a public school located in Lawndale, NC. It has 1,084 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 30% of students are at least proficient in math and 45% in reading.
Burns High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+71 Students
- B-65 Students
- A-59 Students
- A+49 Students
- B+47 Students
- B+45 Students
- A+42 Students
- B36 Students
- C+33 Students
- B+25 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Burns High School Reviews
My overall experience as a high school student here was amazing! I made many new friends each year and the teachers are awesome and are willing to help any student with problems they may have during class or outside of school. Many opportunities for extracurricular activities and the opportunity to get ahead with your college career!
Burns High School turned me into a man, not only did it inspire me to want the world but it kept me humble in doing so. I loved how diverse it was all four years of my high school experience. I have learned a lot as far as learning how to not procrastinate, putting my studies first, and learning who I was. What I think should change about Burns High School is the fact that it allows a little too much of up bringing heritage into the school and a lot of racial slurs are spoken about on the regular. However, anywhere has it's hardships and I would not trade Burns High school for the world.
Burns High School provides a safe and orderly learning environment in which students can achieve their highest academic potential, develop good character, and become productive citizens.