Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Burnet High School is a public school located in Burnet, TX. It has 908 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 24% of students are at least proficient in math and 40% in reading.
Burnet High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+159 Students
- A+134 Students
- A+126 Students
- A-108 Students
- B-93 Students
- B-84 Students
- A66 Students
- B65 Students
- A-64 Students
- B61 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.21 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.27 responses
Burnet High School Reviews
I love the welcoming atmosphere, and the staff are great! Overall very supportive of all extracurriculars, including athletics, UIL Academics, Culinary, FFA, and more. Also very effective in helping graduating students with the college and career process.
Burnet High School to me was almost like a second home. I spent all my time there. I was involved in a few things, and I'm very glad I did. Burnet taught me my weakness and strengths. It gave me many opportunities to become who I am and to always follow my dream. I had many bumps in the road, but I have learned from every mistake and failure I made in Burnet High School. This school is pretty amazing. It's very very unique. This school is and will continue to be the Spirit Pride Honor school. Thanks to this school I am who I am today.
The staff and teachers at Burnet HS are very caring and many of them are good at what they do, however there are issues with consistency in teaching. In addition, the rules are not enforced in a consistent way across the school, with some being overly strict, and others avoiding them in general. The food is mediocre, the sports are alright, and the school spirit honestly depends on the person. Overall, the school is fairly average and has just as many benefits as it does drawbacks.