Burlington Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Burlington, VT. It has 979 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 28% of students are at least proficient in math and 45% in reading.
Burlington Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-205 Students
- A+73 Students
- B63 Students
- B61 Students
- A+50 Students
- B-45 Students
- A+43 Students
- A+42 Students
- A+37 Students
- A37 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 32 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.25 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.25 responses
Schools like Burlington Senior High School
- B-Peru Jr./Sr. High School
- Peru Central School District, NY
- 73 reviews
- B-Bellows Free Academy (BFA) High School
- Fairfax School District, VT
- 34 reviews
- BMilton Senior High School
- Milton School District, VT
- 50 reviews
- A-Colchester High School
- Colchester School District, VT
- 110 reviews
Burlington Senior High School Reviews
Most of the teachers are absolutely amazing, but there are some who are really bad with connecting with the kids and keeping class engaging. The science track is a little messed up as the school district keeps cutting science teachers and now that they have made it mandatory for freshmen to take earth science, kids have to take physics senior year in order to get three lab classes which limits they're opportunity to take sciences they're interested in such as AP Enviro, marine biology, or food science. The administration also seems to have a very difficult time connecting with students and the guidance department keeps changing. On the other hand, we have a great number of teachers who will support kids through ups and downs and a strong drama and sports program. Plus the food is amazing!
Burlington High School has many devoted teachers, a strong social justice scene, and a commitment to providing excellent recourses for their students. I am enrolled in Burlington High Schools's early college program than partners with Northern Vermont University, which has allowed me to complete 30 college credits with no charge. This program has been incredibly helpful in terms of preparing me for college work, getting me a head start on completing a degree, and making college affordable. I only spent two years in the building of Burlington High School, but even when I was not physically there, my past instructors were always willing to help me with anything I needed. I would like to see Burlington High School improve their administration's organization and unity. Conflict between the superintendent , principal, faculty, and students hinders the school's productivity.
Burlington High School is an excellent school for students who really want to succeed in all aspects of life. It offers resources for classes, clubs, and non-school related opportunities. I have greatly enjoyed my time here so far!