Burlington Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in Burlington, VT. It has 1,048 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 9 to 1. According to state test scores, 36% of students are at least proficient in math and 49% in reading.
Burlington Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-169 Students
- A+52 Students
- B+47 Students
- B44 Students
- A+44 Students
- A+36 Students
- B-35 Students
- A+33 Students
- A+31 Students
- A+31 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 28 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.23 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.23 responses
Schools like Burlington Senior High School
- B-Peru Jr./Sr. High School
- Peru Central School District, NY
- 70 reviews
- AMt. Mansfield Union High School
- Public School
- Jericho, VT
- 83 reviews
- B-Bellows Free Academy (BFA) High School
- Fairfax School District, VT
- 27 reviews
- B+Milton Senior High School
- Milton School District, VT
- 45 reviews
Burlington Senior High School Reviews
High school always sucks and this school really isn't much of an exception but I have to say, I have made some awesome friends here! I also had good relationships and experiences with most of the faculty. I also can't recall a situation in which I felt like I was in danger so I must say that this school makes me feel pretty safe. For the most part, I have felt welcome in the activities I have participated in at this school (drama club mostly). I feel challenged the right amount in my classes and feel like this year is good preparation for next year and years to come.
It is a pretty classic High School experience. The administration is truly bad and the guidance department is in shambles after the head of the department was charged with unprofessional conduct. There are only like 4 guidance counselors to get 200+ students into college which is awful and difficult. There are some good teachers and some bad teachers. The facilities are truly awful. You have to dodge leaks in the ceiling and wear winter coats inside when it's too cold. In the spring/early summer some classrooms are so hot the teachers can't teach lessons and resign to watching movies until the heat wears off. It seems like there is always a problem and the political climate here is very polarized.
I really liked the diversity there. All kinds of students are welcomed here. Throughout my year at this School, I have never seen someone being harassed for their race. The school has great varieties of food that other schools do not have in Burlington area. My personal favorite was stir fry. Also, in my opinion, the administration has failed to its job. They need to come together and solve their problems because it is affecting the students greatly. In my junior year, the administration starting to fall apart as far as I know. The vice principal was fired from his position and was told to teach History class. My senior year, there were few principals and a very few guidance counselor. I had trouble applying for college and when I went to the guidance office for help, there was no one to assist me and answer my questions.