Burlingame High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+146 Students
- A+140 Students
- A+119 Students
- A117 Students
- A+109 Students
- A-96 Students
- A95 Students
- A92 Students
- A+89 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 78 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.26 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.30 responses
Burlingame High School Reviews
Review Burlingame High School
I had a phenomenal experience at Burlingame. I received an education that prepared me for college, and had an unmatched athletic career (went undefeated for two seasons, winning back-to-back championships!) that also prepared me to compete at the Division 1 level. I remember my time at Burlingame fondly and am looking forward to coming back to tell my teachers that I will be starting medical school in the fall!
My experience here was okay - unless you're an athlete or highly academic, there is not a lot for students interested in visual arts or civic engagement. On paper, the school is great - high test ratings, lots of sports, so on. However, the academics seemed to exist in a 'bubble' of sorts with very little connection to the real world and current issues. Furthermore, there is a huge disparity in diversity, as most of the student body is white and upper middle class. Nonetheless, the language departments, as well as the English and history classes, are taught by really great and passionate teachers. The theater program is also great, and is very open and friendly.
Burlingame High School provided a safe and excellent learning environment. Despite having some teachers that weren't as helpful, I felt that my time at this school was an academically enriching experience. The students, parents, and faculty create a wonderful atmosphere at this school and hopefully it will continue. The most important part about BHS is that students always feel there is someone in the administration or staff that they could turn to if necessary.