Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyC+
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Burke High School is an above average, public school located in Omaha, NE. It has 2,073 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 38% of students are at least proficient in math and 49% in reading.
Burke High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B484 Students
- A-412 Students
- A-188 Students
- B-129 Students
- B+89 Students
- A75 Students
- B72 Students
- NG72 Students
- B+67 Students
- C+61 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.34 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.34 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 115 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.56 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.61 responses
Schools like Burke High School
- CBryan High School
- Omaha Public Schools, NE
- 154 reviews
- A-Central High School
- Omaha Public Schools, NE
- 312 reviews
- B-Ralston High School
- Ralston Public Schools, NE
- 120 reviews
- C+Thomas Jefferson High School
- Council Bluffs Community School District, IA
- 193 reviews
Burke High School Reviews
While in 8th grade, multiple representatives from different high schools across the area came to our school to share information and give insight to what their school is like. Not really knowing what I wanted and where I wanted to go, I simply chose the school that was closest to me and the one that most of my friends and people I was familiar with were going to. Though I picked out Burke High School in spite of that, I am more than pleased with the decision I made. Burke has many opportunities that are unique from other schools- such as a planetarium, an air and space academy where you can earn your pilots license before graduating, child development and educators classes, pre requisite classes for journalism, a newspaper/digital journalism and yearbook staff, great sports coaches and training and much more. At Burke, there is also a lot of racial diversity and it is great to have that! I am proud to be a bulldog. Burke has faced a lot, such as a stabbing, but we are a strong family.
My experience of Burke High School was honestly one of the hardest years of my life but it was also a great learning experience. First Burke taught me how to be accountable showing me that I must take responsibility of my actions by introducing to different opportunities and showing the me the way to go with the support of friendly teachers and the greatest counselors ever. What's so great about the staff is the level of kindness shown it rubs on you to be just as kind as well, and the school makes you feel welcomed into all curricular activities which led me to be involved in school so much. Regarding the teachers they're also very supportive and always are available to help when you need it. Overall Burke is a great school but if I could change anything about school it would be allowing students to have more individuality like allowing students to show their personalities by dictating clubs, having more arts like art, music, dance and etc.
I love attending Burke High School. There is a strong sense of family and love, however, there is lots of room for growth. There have been multiple instances where administration has mistreated students and projected their personal beliefs onto students as a form of disciplinary action. I believe that our administration needs to support and believe students and listen when they call for action and help. There have also been multiple dangerous events that could have been prevented if proper safety was implemented.