Burke County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+101 Students
- A+77 Students
- B+63 Students
- B57 Students
- C52 Students
- B-52 Students
- A-42 Students
- B38 Students
- B-34 Students
- B-32 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 23 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.20 responses
Burke County High School Reviews
Review Burke County High School
What I liked about my experience at Burke County High School was the fine arts programs , they made me feel more appreciated and loved then any other programs in the school. They created opportunities to be a leader when I did not feel I could be one. These programs burst me out of my bubble of shyness and self-doubt. My teachers Mrs.Price and Mr.Dodson dedicated themselves to their teaching and for that I am truly grateful for them exposing us to the artist world.They did such an amazing job with the small budgets they had opposed to the athletic program budgets. Which leads me to what I would want to change if I could in the school . It would even out the financial budgets of these two programs. So one program would not be treated as if it was more important than the other, and the school could have more well rounded students rather than graduates that spend all their time solely in one program.
Resources are easily available for students whenever it's needed. The technology is great they provide us with laptops, iPads, and beautiful libary with desktop computers. Guidance Counselors are useful to students although sometimes I think they should be more involved especially with the seniors. College prep resources are easily available to students in the the libary. I think there should be a class dedicated especially to seniors on getting ready for college I KNOW it would be VERY Beneficial. Tutoring is always available to students when needed before and after school. Transportation to and from school is also very reliable!
After attending Burke County High School for four years, it's fair to say that the experience was exceptional. Everyone had the option of being an intellectual being, but many didn't take the opportunity. There were many clubs to join and activities to partake in. Burke County High School could improve in the category of preparing students for college.