Burke County High School is a public school located in Waynesboro, GA. It has 1,162 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 38% of students are at least proficient in math and 23% in reading.
Burke County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+138 Students
- A+106 Students
- B+94 Students
- B83 Students
- C+72 Students
- B-72 Students
- A-61 Students
- B-49 Students
- B47 Students
- C+45 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.20 responses
Burke County High School Reviews
Burke County High School offered a variety of courses throughout my years as a student, including many dual enrollment classes, which has significantly increased my college preparation in many ways. However, I would like to see more AP and IB classes reinstated at the school, more communication with dually enrolled students regarding high school deadlines and activities, and less favoritism shown by faculty members. I would also like to see less underclassmen being pushed to take more dual enrollment classes before experiencing high school courses, as it could negatively affect their future GPAs and college applications.
My experience at Burke County High School was very interesting. My freshman year was the year where I was lost did not know what was going on. However as years went on I started to become the student I am today. I was always a friendly and energetic student ready to learn, and that was how I related the the teachers so well. The teachers were very respectful, took their job very serious, and made sure that every student was learning. Although something I would change was how some student athletes were treated. For example the football team, they were treated as if they were Superbowl champions and everything the school investment in was for them. In conclusion my overall experience at Burke County High School was something I would not change and shaped me into the person I am today.
While attending Burke County High school, you will have many opportunities to make sure your future will be bright after high school. From our Criminal justice program all the way to our Food and Nutrition Program Burke County High school will help you find the perfect career after high school.