Bunker Hill High School is a public school located in Claremont, NC. It has 886 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 1% of students are at least proficient in math and 45% in reading.
Bunker Hill High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+93 Students
- B-79 Students
- A-77 Students
- A+77 Students
- B72 Students
- A+62 Students
- B-58 Students
- B+54 Students
- B45 Students
- B+36 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Bunker Hill High School Reviews
I am a former student of BHHS and a business student who was placed at the office I work (schools) as a Coop student. I was in FBLA went to compete at state and nationals. To this day I still volunteer and serve on committees and sporting events, even after 35 yrs being gone. Have always loved this school and it was the best times of my life and educational background. The principal is all in it for the students of the school, he cares about them and how their life is going, the community and the county. We may be a small school but with a lot of heart and great programs at our school.
Parents and students need to read HOMESCHOOLING FOR COLLEGE CREDIT by Jennifer Cook DeRosa and apply its lessons to transform any BHHS course into a college credit course. This works by acquiring appropriate study guides for Advanced Placement (AP), College-Level Examination Program (CLEP), Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support (DANTES), and other placement credit tests related to classes already required at BHHS. Not only will these guides strengthen mastery of the BHHS material, they will prepare students to take and pass these tests for college credit. Moreover, worry over seeking a "better education" elsewhere vanishes once you learn how to get a better education right in your own back yard.
The school is decent. The academics overall are lackluster. There are a few exceptions, however, for teachers that are suited for far better schools. William Farnsworth and wife Lindsey are far and away the best teachers I have ever had the privilege to study under. I also had other teachers that I enjoyed learning from, primarily my other English teacher Leaann Norton or my Weight Training coach Michael Mays.