Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyC+
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Bunker Hill High School is a public school located in Bunker Hill, IL. It has 220 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
Bunker Hill High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B32 Students
- B28 Students
- B-12 Students
- A10 Students
- A+10 Students
- B9 Students
- B8 Students
- B7 Students
- B+6 Students
- A-6 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 25 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Schools like Bunker Hill High School
- C+Southwestern High School
- Southwestern Community Unit School District No. 9, IL
- 91 reviews
- BCivic Memorial High School
- Bethalto Community Unit School District No. 8, IL
- 66 reviews
- B+Staunton High School
- Staunton Community Unit School District No. 6, IL
- 75 reviews
- B+Carlinville High School
- Carlinville Community Unit School District No. 1, IL
- 80 reviews
Bunker Hill High School Reviews
Bunker Hill High School, also known as BHHS has been a definite impact on my life. The teachers and faculty are such great inspirations. I personally enjoy being in my classes, working together with other students, learning more and more. The building itself isn't the best looking, but has great safety add-ons within the past years. All of the teachers are very helpful and extremely easy to talk to if needed. At BHHS, you never have to feel alone. There is always someone there for you whether it is another student, the counselor, or even the lunch ladies! I couldn't imagine graduating anywhere but here. I'm proud of the small town I grew up in and the one hall high school that I attended for 3 years so far.
The school could use some more funding. The staff there are very encouraging and friendly. I wish the school had more Honors or AP classes or even classes for duel credit. The Spanish program at Bunker Hill High School is ineradicable.
I love how small it is and how everyone has the chance to have one on one help with whatever teacher you need help from. Also, the fact that everybody knows everybody is really helpful when it comes to doing anything, including yearbook.