Our Oldest Tradition is Forward Thinking. There are girls' schools... And then there's SEM. Among the oldest schools for girls in the United States, SEM has designed a constantly innovating culture of achievement, scholarship, creativity, and leadership since 1851. Our school, on the National Register of Historic Places, is a cozy campus of grand homes renovated for student and faculty residences on a historic parkway, a grass field and regulation squash courts (our squash team is nationally ranked), in a leafy neighborhood. Situated on Lake Erie, SEM teams include sailing and crew. While most girls' schools are founded in specific faiths, SEM was instead founded with character development and scholarship at our center. Seated at Harkness tables, girls are encouraged to question and revisit answers until they are satisfied and expected to be respectful and community-minded. No uniform, secular.
Buffalo Seminary Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A37 Students
- A+34 Students
- A+27 Students
- A+25 Students
- A25 Students
- A-24 Students
- B-23 Students
- A+22 Students
- A+20 Students
- A-20 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Buffalo Seminary Reviews
benefited me greatly.