Buffalo High School
- BUFFALO, MO
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade C
- Diversitygrade B minus
- Teachersgrade B minus
- College Prepgrade C
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Health & Safetygrade B minus
- Administrationgrade B minus
- Sportsgrade B
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B minus
Buffalo High School is a public school located in BUFFALO, MO. It has 507 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Buffalo High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
No data available
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B95 Students
- grade B minus51 Students
- grade A minus51 Students
- grade B46 Students
- grade C+32 Students
- grade A minus25 Students
- grade B minus25 Students
- grade B+25 Students
- grade B20 Students
- grade C19 Students
Map is loading
View Homes Near Buffalo High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
grade C minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B
- Good for Familiesgrade C minus
- Housinggrade C minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade B minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 10 responses
- Spirit Week!60%
- Spirit Week20%
grade B minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 7 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$10,046 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 7 responses
Schools like Buffalo High School
Buffalo High School Reviews
Rating 4 out of 5 32 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
My experience at Buffalo High School has been a rollercoaster. I've participated in a number of activities throughout my high school career and the amount of school spirit never fails to amaze me. Athletic events were always my favorite to attend because everyone is so positive. One thing that I think should change is favoritism. A lot of students feel like they don't get the same treatment from teachers or staff because they aren't "popular" enough and I completely agree. Racism is a problem equality doesn't exist in this school, which is sad but hopefully in the future things change. Other than those two things, this is a good school to attend.
Buffalo is a dedicated school with an amazing staff! We were voted one of the top high schools in the United States, and it's easy to see why. With the amazing teachers, the dedicated office, and the proper allocation of student resources, Buffalo puts many fellow schools to shame! While our football team has been poor the last few years, new coaches and equipment are sure to turn this around. However, Buffalo has other areas of athletic pride: Wrestling, Speech & Debate, and Track. With our wrestlers having won the COC, our Speechies holding high ranks within the nation, and our track runners being state competitors, Buffalo blows various other schools out of the water.
Buffalo High School was not always like it is now. It may be small, but in reality it is comfortable. I have moved to this school my sophomore year and had never met so much diversity and such a loving group of students and staff in the school. It was really easy to get plugged into the community just by being attending Buffalo High School. There have been new programs coming out getting people to engage inside and outside of school. Unlike stereotypical views on public schools, our school embraces sports and the arts. Our staff and department enjoy every aspect of our school's activities. I'm so thankful to have moved and become involved in a lot of groups because my last school hardly had anything. This school really aims to get people ready for their future - work-bound, college-bound, or travelling bound. It's been a big blessing.