Buena High School is a public school located in Sierra Vista, AZ. It has 2,182 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 45% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Buena High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A585 Students
- B397 Students
- A387 Students
- B-333 Students
- B171 Students
- A+95 Students
- A+88 Students
- C+78 Students
- A74 Students
- B+64 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.42 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.42 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.69 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.69 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.69 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.72 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.72 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.72 responses
Buena High School Reviews
I didn’t go here but I went to a school near here and I wish I went here. All my friends went here and had an awesome experience. Of course there’s your normal high school drama but overall the school itself really provides a lot for it’s students. I went to most of their sporting events, dances, etc. They were great and they really made my friends senior year special! All my friends went to universities like U of A, ASU, NSU, UCLA, etc.
As being a student at Buena High School, it could be difficult. Either with some teachers or other students. Besides the problems the school has, I would say that there are some wonderful programs to be apart of. Whether it is Fine Arts or a Medical program, you can always find something that will interest you. Something I would like to see change is how there are some people that work there on the school board favor some programs. For instance, favoring the athletics (specifically football), while giving little support to the Fine Arts programs such as choir, theatre, and art. Overall Buena High School can mostly be a joy when you find what interests you.
Buena High School is poor in staff and academics, the school is low on staff and some of the teachers that are available don't teacher that much. More than 50% of the school is failing math and or English. It is very diverse in club activities. The school pushes S.T.E.M. but not unless you are in a S.T.E.M. related program. The school doesn't make an effort in college and career readiness. They have a program specifically for that but most of the teachers don't follow the program. The school has a lot of fights because of the students. The school doesn't involve the parents all that well.