Buckeye Valley High School is an above average, public school located in Delaware, OH. It has 687 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 67% of students are at least proficient in math and 63% in reading.
Buckeye Valley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+120 Students
- A-82 Students
- A-53 Students
- B49 Students
- C+36 Students
- A35 Students
- B31 Students
- B25 Students
- B-24 Students
- B+23 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.22 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.23 responses
Schools like Buckeye Valley High School
- BBig Walnut High School
- Big Walnut Local School District, OH
- 154 reviews
- BMarysville High School
- Marysville Exempted Village School District, OH
- 320 reviews
- B-Pleasant High School
- Pleasant Local School District, OH
- 63 reviews
- B+Rutherford B. Hayes High School
- Delaware City School District, OH
- 288 reviews
Buckeye Valley High School Reviews
I absolutely loved all of the teachers and staff. They were all so nice! I learned so many essential skills at Buckeye Valley that definitely prepared me for college. I would say the science department definitely needs some work, but other than that its amazing! Proud to be a Baron!
I've attended BV my entire school career. While of course I got down about school work, once I reached high school, I was actually excited about going to different classes and seeing people that I rarely talked to outside of that class, not to mention seeing some of my teachers. The departments are great (there are always a few bad apples in every bunch) and I would gladly send my children there in the future, if not for the lack of appropriations for things like new books. But the teachers make the best of what they have, and I can't thank them enough for being my educators!
Buckeye Valley High School helped shape me into an academically and socially prepared student for college. Their advanced classes pushed me to further develop my writing skills, which has helped tremendously in my college endeavors. The teachers genuinely care about their students and I remain in contact with a few of them today. Overall, I was very satisfied to attend such a fantastic high school.