Buckeye Local High School is a public school located in Rayland, OH. It has 446 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Buckeye Local High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-42 Students
- A+42 Students
- B-38 Students
- B36 Students
- B-28 Students
- D+20 Students
- A-20 Students
- B12 Students
- C+11 Students
- A9 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Buckeye Local High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Schools like Buckeye Local High School
- C+Bellaire High School
- Bellaire Local School District, OH
- 29 reviews
- B-Martins Ferry High School
- Martins Ferry City School District, OH
- 26 reviews
- A-Wheeling Park High School
- Ohio County Schools, WV
- 195 reviews
- BSteubenville High School
- Steubenville City School District, OH
- 104 reviews
Buckeye Local High School Reviews
Buckeye has been an absolutely stellar school to attend. Over the years I've managed to get an amazing education and always felt prepared for a new day. I made some great friends and I honestly couldn't see myself at a different high school. With our principal, Coy Sudvary, we are able to show school spirit and have a fun yet educational working environment. My only wish is that our school would find better money management into their budget for important classroom tools, but I can't complain about much else.
I like the academics, band, softball team, and the extracurricular activities. What I would like to see change is the parent involvement in our school.
Buckeye Local is Always interested in the children's welfare and learning advancements. My daughter was a graduate of Buckeye local but once in college, she did say that she was not really prepared for the homework levels and wished that she had been better prepared by her college prep courses.