Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Buckeye High School is a public school located in Medina, OH. It has 699 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 50% of students are at least proficient in math and 68% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+103 Students
- B-99 Students
- B-76 Students
- B72 Students
- B66 Students
- A-62 Students
- A-45 Students
- B+43 Students
- B-36 Students
- A-35 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 34 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Schools like Buckeye High School
- B-Midview High School
- Midview Local School District, OH
- 172 reviews
- B-North Ridgeville High School
- North Ridgeville City School District, OH
- 168 reviews
- BNorwayne High School
- Norwayne Local School District, OH
- 65 reviews
- B-Columbia High School
- Columbia Local School District, OH
- 29 reviews
Buckeye High School Reviews
Do you have mental health problems? Boo hoo, Buckeye High School doesn’t believe in mental illness. Do you like fine arts? Oh well, they don’t care about anything but sports. Do you have an issue with classes, scheduling, questions about something that you need to ask the counselors? Whatever, they won’t even answer your emails anyway, even after you go to see them in person and they TELL you to email them. Nobody has answers here, nobody will give you the time of day. And DON’T go to the office, oh no... it’s not like it’s their job to help you. Not to mention the building is literally falling apart; it amazes me that it passes health inspection. Teachers are great though!
Buckeye High School is an amazing place, the school is fully supported by the community around it which makes it even better. It’s a smaller area which makes it more friendly compared to bigger schools in the surrounding areas. Buckeye has a great teaching staff full of warm hearts and are very helpful and good at teaching the criteria. The athletics are very big at the school and the community supports every sporting event very well. Buckeye is an amazing school!
I had a good experience at Buckeye High School. I was a member of a sports team and involved in music/arts. I took advantage of college credit classes that were offered in order to get a head start on my degree which I am very thankful for the opportunity to have had. Its a smaller school that definitely has the small town feel. There is not much that I would change about Buckeye High School. The food service could be improved with healthier options and some of the facilities are dated, however, I feel that many problems are addressed and the students are provided adequate services.