Buckeye High School is an above average, public school located in Deville, LA. It has 1,135 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 76% of students are at least proficient in math and 78% in reading.
Buckeye High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+82 Students
- B+81 Students
- B77 Students
- A-67 Students
- B+54 Students
- B-52 Students
- B30 Students
- B-27 Students
- B17 Students
- A+15 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.14 responses
Schools like Buckeye High School
Buckeye High School Reviews
I liked my school all four years. I had a great high school experience! Buckeye High School is the best school in the world and I would recommend every parent to send their child there. Buckeye may be lacking on funds, but that has never affected the quality of my education and everything I have gotten from this school.
I believe my experience over the past four years at Buckeye high school has well prepared me for the next chapter of my life. I have gained important critical knowledge and skills throughout my time at BHS and have made great strides both academically and in relation to social interactions. Participation in events and activities, especially in the past year, has taken me from a frightened, anxious girl to a happy, confident young woman. Many teachers and staff members at Buckeye high school have made a positive impact in multiple aspects of my life. I am forever grateful for their kindness and wisdom.
I enjoyed attending Buckeye High School. It is a small school but has the best teachers. There are many opportunities to take advantage of at Buckeye. You can take Dual Enrollment classes and AP classes. The only problem I have with Buckeye is that it doesn't receive tax money that the other schools in our area do. Therefore there are a lot of refurbishments that need to be made at the school. They don't have enough computers or books for everyone when they need them. But with that being said, the teachers are the best and really strive to give a great education.