Buckeye High School is an above average, public school located in Deville, LA. It has 1,119 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 68% of students are at least proficient in math and 70% in reading.
Buckeye High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+98 Students
- B97 Students
- B90 Students
- A-80 Students
- B66 Students
- B+62 Students
- B38 Students
- B-31 Students
- B19 Students
- A+17 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Schools like Buckeye High School
Buckeye High School Reviews
What I like about my school is that the atmosphere is very spirited and involved in the sports games and school functions. We are a small school so pretty much everyone is friends with everyone. The atmosphere is very inviting! If I could change something about my school, it would be the lack of diversity in the race and general interests of our student body. Because of this, we do not always have the available clubs or groups that other schools have because there are not enough students interested in participating.
For the past six years, I have attended Buckeye high school. The school is in a rural area with various amount of students. The teachers are very caring and loving. Buckeye high school has sports such as football, cross country, soccer track, baseball, softball, and golf. The school is small compared to other neighboring schools in Pineville or Alexandria. Also buckeye high school lacks diversity compared to the intercity schools. For the most part, Buckeye high school is an Academic achieving school with great staff and students.
Buckeye is a great school with great teachers! I feel like I have been well prepared for college, especially with the DE biology course. I feel the Spanish 1 course could use improvement so we would be better prepared for Spanish 2