Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesD+
Buckeye High School is an above average, public school located in Deville, LA. It has 1,040 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 65% of students are at least proficient in math and 73% in reading.
Buckeye High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-115 Students
- B112 Students
- B103 Students
- A-90 Students
- B-80 Students
- B+75 Students
- B-42 Students
- B-39 Students
- B19 Students
- B-18 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Schools like Buckeye High School
Buckeye High School Reviews
What I like about my school is that the atmosphere is very spirited and involved in the sports games and school functions. We are a small school so pretty much everyone is friends with everyone. The atmosphere is very inviting! If I could change something about my school, it would be the lack of diversity in the race and general interests of our student body. Because of this, we do not always have the available clubs or groups that other schools have because there are not enough students interested in participating.
Going to Buckeye High School for all four of my high school years has been a wild, crazy, and fun ride. Buckeye High School has changed and grown a lot since I have been attending. The Buckeye High School faculty and staff strive to make the school and better and safer everyday for the students. Buckeye has had its challenges, but as a school and a community it has come together even stronger to face the future. What makes Buckeye High School so wonderful are the great staff , faculty members, and the community that really holds it together. At Buckeye High School everybody knows everybody, no one is left out or excluded. Even though Buckeye is a small school, it has a big heart for its community.
Buckeye High School is one-of-a-kind. Each and every administrator and teacher are working to make each student's experience top-notch. They go above and beyond for their students and do whatever it takes to meet each student's individual needs. The school takes every opportunity to boost school moral and help out the community. They love on their students and their parents; accommodating for every need (financial, physical, mental, etc.).