Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Buckeye Central High School is an above average, public school located in New Washington, OH. It has 165 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 55% of students are at least proficient in math and 75% in reading.
Buckeye Central High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B49 Students
- A+44 Students
- A-25 Students
- B-25 Students
- B-22 Students
- C20 Students
- B-19 Students
- C+18 Students
- B17 Students
- B-17 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 8 responses
- Spirit Week, Homecoming, and Prom50%
- Football Fridays38%
- Pep rallies13%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Schools like Buckeye Central High School
- C+Col Crawford High School
- Colonel Crawford Local School District, OH
- 64 reviews
- B-Galion High School
- Galion City School District, OH
- 47 reviews
- C+Plymouth High School
- Plymouth-Shiloh Local School District, OH
- 63 reviews
- B+Ontario High School
- Ontario Local School District, OH
- 98 reviews
Buckeye Central High School Reviews
Buckeye Central High School is more than just a school. Here you are connected with your classmates and teachers as if they are all family. I never go a day without feeling cared for and appreciated because of how helpful and amazing all the people here are. Our teachers are always willing to help you accomplish whatever it is that you want to. For example, this year I wanted to start Hometown Hero banners for our community and my teaches never hesitated to let me do it and to help me with it. Even though there is not a lot of diversity in a small town, I would not trade going to Buckeye Central for anything. I have been pushed to grow both academically and as a person each and every day. At all of my basketball games the stands are always full of staff, students, and community members because of the amazing support we have here. I absolutely love Buckeye Central and it will forever have a special place in my heart.
Overall, Buckeye Central was a great fit for me. My parents graduated from there, so it's close to home. The small community is one of the things I loved most about it! Everyone knows everyone, and everybody is so supportive. I was big into athletics, and was a 3 sport athlete. The community made my athletic career at Buckeye Central so exciting and fun. We celebrate our accomplishments, and come together in tough times.
Buckeye Central is a very nice place to go to school. They make you feel safe and accepted no matter who you are. If i would want something to change, I would want them to no let everything be about sports all the time. It seems like you're not much of anything a BC unless you are playing sports and I do not think that is right. I think BC should put more of there money into academics and trying to help students struggling instead of getting everything new for sports when it is not needed. However, even with this opinion of mine, I still believe overall Buckeye Central is a great place to go to school.