Brunswick High School is a highly rated, public school located in Brunswick, ME. It has 723 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Brunswick High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B176 Students
- C+79 Students
- A+55 Students
- B-53 Students
- C+47 Students
- B45 Students
- C+44 Students
- A+42 Students
- A+37 Students
- A-36 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.23 responses
Schools like Brunswick High School
- B+Freeport High School
- Regional School Unit No. 05 (MSAD 05), ME
- 156 reviews
- AGreely High School
- Regional School Unit No. 51 (MSAD 51), ME
- 151 reviews
- BMt. Ararat High School
- Regional School Unit No. 75 (MSAD 75), ME
- 174 reviews
- BMorse High School
- Regional School Unit No. 01 (MSAD 01), ME
- 142 reviews
Brunswick High School Reviews
There are several teachers who give 110% to their students and they make it all worth it. They have a great sports department but where they really shine is in the arts! Theater, choir, band and art students with find the most dedicated teachers in Maine!
Great teachers, great extracurricular opportunities, amazing music and theatre program, great sports... Brunswick High School is very academically strong and that is often reflected in a heavy workload. The new principal has been working hard to change policies, like implementing a “no homework over school vacations” rule. There are challenging classes for those who want to be challenged and there are plenty of courses to choose from. As an artist, I do wish there was more money put into the studio arts classes, but the school is relatively well rounded in all fields. There is an opportunity for everyone here, and a place for everyone to be themselves. Overall, a great school I am happy to spend my high school years in.
BHS is rigorous throughout- the music program, sports, and academics are superior in the area. The teachers are all invested in what they teach, and offer opportunities outside of the classroom. While diversity is low, Brunswick High School encourages an open way of thinking. Many students are engaged in outside of school activities. Finding a teacher to relate to is fairly easy as there are many characters employed. The atmosphere can be toxic though because of their value of academic rigor.