Brunswick High School is a highly rated, public school located in Brunswick, ME. It has 735 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Brunswick High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+161 Students
- C+66 Students
- B47 Students
- A+41 Students
- C+41 Students
- B-40 Students
- A+37 Students
- A+37 Students
- A-34 Students
- B31 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.22 responses
Schools like Brunswick High School
- BFreeport High School
- Regional School Unit No. 05 (MSAD 05), ME
- 151 reviews
- AGreely High School
- Regional School Unit No. 51 (MSAD 51), ME
- 143 reviews
- BMt. Ararat High School
- Regional School Unit No. 75 (MSAD 75), ME
- 167 reviews
- BMorse High School
- Regional School Unit No. 01 (MSAD 01), ME
- 136 reviews
Brunswick High School Reviews
Brunswick High School offers a wide array of classes. The high school has a very strong music program and athletics. The track, however, is falling apart and as a result the high school can no longer host track meets. The science department is also very strong and the teachers love what they teach. In the spring, there are school trips to different countries that can be taken which are very fun. The school also is outstanding in its academics and has several National Honor Societies. The building is well built and it is a large school. Classes are easy to get to.
Brunswick High School is a loving environment. Most of the teachers are very nice and respectful. They make learning interesting and fun for students. Brunswick also provides a safe and fun environment for athletes. The community also provides special courses for students who have a tougher time learning than others. I enjoyed being a part of Brunswick High School.
I loved how all of the teachers cared about their students and how their learning experience was going. The school overall picked very good teachers to hire and made sure of the safety of every single student. New club ideas are always welcome and almost always become a thing; that way there is something for everyone. I definitely enjoyed my four years there and even visit sometimes now to see my favorite teachers and update them on my college experience