Brunswick High School
- Brunswick, ME
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade B+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A
- Health & Safetygrade A
- Administrationgrade B minus
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade A minus
Brunswick High School is a highly rated, public school located in Brunswick, ME. It has 724 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Brunswick High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B193 Students
- grade C+87 Students
- grade A+60 Students
- grade B minus55 Students
- grade C+51 Students
- grade B minus50 Students
- grade C46 Students
- grade B+43 Students
- grade A+42 Students
- grade A minus41 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B minus
- Good for Familiesgrade A
- Housinggrade B minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 13 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 15 responses
- Orange & Black Day, Spirit Week60%
- Winter Festival20%
- Graduation at Watson Arena7%
- Spirit Week7%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 14 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$16,960 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 23 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 23 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 23 responses
Schools like Brunswick High School
- grade B+Freeport High School
- Regional School Unit No. 05 (MSAD 05), ME
- Rating 3.53 out of 5 159 reviews
- grade AGreely High School
- Regional School Unit No. 51 (MSAD 51), ME
- Rating 3.77 out of 5 154 reviews
- grade BMt. Ararat High School
- Regional School Unit No. 75 (MSAD 75), ME
- Rating 3.51 out of 5 178 reviews
- grade BMorse High School
- Regional School Unit No. 01 (MSAD 01), ME
- Rating 3.74 out of 5 148 reviews
Brunswick High School Reviews
Rating 3.92 out of 5 149 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I moved to Brunswick High school after a very bad experience at my past school. The staff and students welcomed me in with open arms. I felt safe, comforted, wanted, and loves. The teachers checked up on me, would ask me about my transition, and get to know me. They genuinely care about their students. The environment that the staff fostered also set a great example for the students. So many kids tried to get to know me, showed me around, and were very nice and kind. After the pandemic happened only about a month after I started school, I found the same type of response and treatments from the staff and students. We had to switch to online learning which was very difficult and such an abstract concept. The teachers were very understanding, not giving us too much work to handle. They were also very helpful. Almost all of my teachers offered extra help times where we could log onto a meeting and get face to face help with any of our work or concepts that were difficult.
There are several teachers who give 110% to their students and they make it all worth it. They have a great sports department but where they really shine is in the arts! Theater, choir, band and art students with find the most dedicated teachers in Maine!
Great teachers, great extracurricular opportunities, amazing music and theatre program, great sports... Brunswick High School is very academically strong and that is often reflected in a heavy workload. The new principal has been working hard to change policies, like implementing a “no homework over school vacations” rule. There are challenging classes for those who want to be challenged and there are plenty of courses to choose from. As an artist, I do wish there was more money put into the studio arts classes, but the school is relatively well rounded in all fields. There is an opportunity for everyone here, and a place for everyone to be themselves. Overall, a great school I am happy to spend my high school years in.