Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Bruce High School is a public school located in Bruce, MS. It has 409 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 55% of students are at least proficient in math and 36% in reading.
Bruce High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-56 Students
- A-51 Students
- B-41 Students
- C+32 Students
- C+31 Students
- B-25 Students
- B+25 Students
- B-16 Students
- B-14 Students
- B-14 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Bruce High School Reviews
Bruce High School is a pretty good school. The overall atmosphere is calm. Everybody tends to do their own thing with their own group of people. The teachers are all pretty cool, but they still teach us what we need to know to past. It’s a good school. I would recommend it!
I loved the opportunities offered for me to succeed. The teachers were always there to help me in any way possible. The clubs and groups created made you feel included and helped you with your academics. The clubs were always in the community helping people in need and always planning an event to get the school involved. During our homecoming week our student council planned games for each grade to compete against to see who would win. I was apart of FCA at our school and we met every Thursday and had breakfast. We did a devotion and talked about ways we could reach out to the students in our school and share the word of Christ. I love getting to talk to the students at school and get to know them and encourage them any way possible. Even when I face hard obstacles at school I always try to find joy in the situation and put a smile on my face. I don’t let people ruin my joy I continue to walk alone and smile and never give up. Never give up and always find a solution to the problem.
Bruce High School is a great small town school. Athletics have been better in the past than they are now. The education is good to be such a small school, some classes are a little harder to wrap your head around but overall you are pretty well taught. The biggest problem we have I think is the teachers that do not want to be teachers. The ones who just put something in front of you and just expect you to understand it without being taught. In doing this, it makes the teachers job easier and the students job harder.