Brownwood High School is a public school located in Brownwood, TX. It has 946 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 82% of students are at least proficient in math and 63% in reading.
Brownwood High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+105 Students
- B-99 Students
- A-89 Students
- B86 Students
- A+86 Students
- B+72 Students
- A62 Students
- B-59 Students
- B+57 Students
- A-39 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.21 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.23 responses
Schools like Brownwood High School
- NGBrownwood Accelerated High School
- Brownwood Independent School District, TX
- 5 reviews
- B+Bangs High School
- Bangs Independent School District, TX
- 32 reviews
- B-Blanket School
- Blanket Independent School District, TX
- PK, K-12
- 8 reviews
- A-Early High School
- Early Independent School District, TX
- 63 reviews
Brownwood High School Reviews
As a graduate of Brownwood High School I can argue that while Brownwood High has many great qualities, the bad out weighs the good. The school curriculum is primarily busy work and majority (note: I did not say ALL. There are few amazing teachers) of teachers do the bare minimum. The leadership is mostly a joke as rules are hardly enforced. The accountability among teachers I would say is disgusting. In the four year I went to brownwood 5 teachers were caught (more so had their wrists slapped) for inappropriate relationships with students.
As I am an enrolled student at Brownwood High School, I feel that the school is about average. Our school priorities are mostly in sports and not in academics. At my school, you must be in Preap or AP classes to get a fairly good education. Texas schools love their football, so the school spirit is very high during football season. I think a lot of changes could be put in place, such as adding UIL classes for further involvement in academics, and safety at Brownwood High could be better, for that many students are trouble makers. To conclude, there are many things my school could fix. In general, my school is about average.
The teachers at Brownwood High are great! They really wanna make sure you understand the course material. Brownwood has a very excellent athletics department; everyone loves to show school spirit! The Fine Arts department are amazing and the students who participate in competitions usually go on to regionals and state. The only thing I would change personally is the cafeteria food. My freshman year the cafeteria food was really good, but then the school got with this new program and I noticed many people weren't happy with it.