Brownstown Central High School is a public school located in Brownstown, IN. It has 577 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Brownstown Central High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A70 Students
- B-44 Students
- B44 Students
- A+39 Students
- B+37 Students
- B-30 Students
- A-21 Students
- B+19 Students
- B18 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 8 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Schools like Brownstown Central High School
- C+Austin High School
- Scott County School District No. 1, IN
- 42 reviews
- C+Seymour Senior High School
- Seymour Community Schools, IN
- 170 reviews
- B-Crothersville Junior/Senior High School
- Crothersville Community Schools, IN
- 31 reviews
- C-Medora Junior/Senior High School
- Medora Community School Corporation, IN
- 8 reviews
Brownstown Central High School Reviews
Brownstown Central High School provides a safe environment for students to explore themselves academically and socially. In an always uplifting environment, students are encouraged to push themselves to the best of their abilities, and have fun doing it! This high school truly has in incredible staff that has something to offer to every student.
While attending Brownstown Central High School, most teachers tried to connect their lessons to their students in a personal way. Some English teachers incorporated music into their lesson plans, whereas the foreign language allowed each student to tell them what they did that day in a different language.
I spent my whole life in Brownstowns school systems and some of the many things I enjoyed is all the teacher truly cared about each of every student in the classrooms and outside of the classrooms, many of the teachers were also coaches in sports so that also helped contribute to the close bonds many students had. Brownstown was a smaller school which personally made learning easier for me in that setting.