Brownsburg High School is a highly rated, public school located in Brownsburg, IN. It has 2,519 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 76% in reading.
Brownsburg High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A460 Students
- A+414 Students
- B+324 Students
- A-210 Students
- B-161 Students
- B134 Students
- B86 Students
- B+78 Students
- C+61 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.56 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.56 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 177 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.86 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.86 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.86 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.90 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.90 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.90 responses
Schools like Brownsburg High School
- A-Plainfield High School
- Plainfield Community School Corporation, IN
- 301 reviews
- AAvon High School
- Avon Community School Corporation, IN
- 603 reviews
- A+Zionsville Community High School
- Zionsville Community Schools, IN
- 358 reviews
- B+Lebanon Senior High School
- Lebanon Community School Corporation, IN
- 240 reviews
Brownsburg High School Reviews
Brownsburg High School has amazing team spirit and (mostly) hard-working students. The only thing I dislike is the overall system. So many students have lost motivation to work hard are sometimes treated more as numbers tha actual people. Don’t get me wrong, the administrators and teachers do chat with the student body! But it’s come to the point where it seems the thing that matters most is a High GPA, and I dislike that. I wish the school would care a bit more about us as actual human beings that do more than try to reach high standards and turn in homework. I also dislike the whole standardized/testing thing. But I mean, overall, it’s not a terrible school. I get an education and I guess that’s what matters.
Brownsburg High School is an extremely good school with great teachers, a great community, and great education. There is a large variety of classes offered which allows for a lot of experimentation with different studies. There are also several levels of courses for all types of students, ranging from a basic course to a dual credit or AP course. Currently, there is a lot of construction going on which limits hallway space. That is the only thing I would change about my experience-less construction. Students and staff are taking it in stride though, keeping a positive attitude. The school spirit is stupendous. Sports teams at Brownsburg are very successful. There are also several other clubs and activities so there is an extracurricular thing for everyone.
The teachers and administrators at Brownsburg High School are very dedicated to their students and try to provide the best educational resources and support. There is a very strong sense of community, and many students are involved in extra-curricular activities and participate in social events and spirit days. Also, the academics are phenomenal and students have a wide variety of courses they can choose to enroll in. One downside, however, is that there are about 2,700 students and the building is simply not big enough. Renovations will be made in the coming years (widening the hallways and expanding classroom sizes), which will definitely be more beneficial to both students and teachers. This is the only change I would like to see, and it will actually be happening!