Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A minus
- Diversitygrade B+
- Teachersgrade A+
- College Prepgrade A minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B+
- Health & Safetygrade B+
- Administrationgrade A
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade B+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B
Brownsburg High School is a highly rated, public school located in Brownsburg, IN. It has 2,823 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 65% of students are at least proficient in math and 78% in reading.
Brownsburg High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B683 Students
- grade A668 Students
- grade A+610 Students
- grade B478 Students
- grade A minus300 Students
- grade C+233 Students
- grade B204 Students
- grade B134 Students
- grade B111 Students
- grade B minus94 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B+
- Good for Familiesgrade A+
- Housinggrade A
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 68 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 68 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 234 responses
- Football/Basketball Games18%
- Homecoming week!18%
- Mr. Bulldog16%
- Madrigal Dinner5%
- Pep rallies5%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 69 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 69 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 69 responses
Average Teacher Salary
No data available
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 98 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 98 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 98 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$10,818 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 102 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 102 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 102 responses
Schools like Brownsburg High School
- grade APlainfield High School
- Plainfield Community School Corporation, IN
- Rating 4.04 out of 5 350 reviews
- grade AAvon High School
- Avon Community School Corporation, IN
- Rating 3.94 out of 5 730 reviews
- grade A+Zionsville Community High School
- Zionsville Community Schools, IN
- Rating 3.77 out of 5 411 reviews
- grade BLebanon Senior High School
- Lebanon Community School Corporation, IN
- Rating 3.93 out of 5 263 reviews
Brownsburg High School Reviews
Rating 3.87 out of 5 638 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I greatly enjoy Brownsburg High School. I went to a very small school for six years, and then transferred to Brownsburg in the tenth grade. I've always been a social person, and with BHS's 3,000 students I was excited and ecstatic to be in such a buzzing atmosphere. It is more diverse than the school I previously went to, but there's not necessarily an over abundance of students of color which makes me sad. Brownsburg is very diverse in it's classes though. You could figure out what you want to do for the rest of your life simply by taking the electives. I'm only in eleventh grade, so I haven't had time to dwell on all the possible electives to figure out what I want to do; I have to try to get into college! I'm part of a club called leaders of tomorrow where we talk about how to make students of color feel valued in their school system which I believe is incredibly important. Overall going to BHS has been eye opening to me and I couldn't ask for a better High School experience.
I came into BHS freshman year right as construction was wrapping up. The noise was distracting in classes and the outdoor hallway was a mess because the traffic was insane. After the construction, it was amazing! The cafeteria was fantastic. I ran cross country and those girls were incredible. People here are pretty nice and I made friends easily. The clubs aren’t very active though and the arts and theater don’t get much funding which sucks as I was a part of it. I moved away at the end of the year but Brownsburg was a great experience and hands down the best school I will ever go to. Forever a bulldog!
Overall, the staff and school would receive 5 stars from me! However, the reason I give it 4 stars is because of the environment led by students. Each year it seems like the behavior gets worse and the environment in which we're supposed to learn in becomes distracting. The staff is very friendly and will do their best to help you succeed, the food is great, access to books, laptops and free tutors is very easy and they have an amazing music program as well as many options for different classes that will best fit your needs!