Brownsburg High School is a highly rated, public school located in Brownsburg, IN. It has 2,711 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 64% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Brownsburg High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A570 Students
- A+530 Students
- B+418 Students
- A-261 Students
- B-209 Students
- B174 Students
- B116 Students
- B104 Students
- B78 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.65 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.65 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.66 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.66 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.66 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.95 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.95 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.95 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.99 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.99 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.99 responses
Schools like Brownsburg High School
- APlainfield High School
- Plainfield Community School Corporation, IN
- 326 reviews
- AAvon High School
- Avon Community School Corporation, IN
- 678 reviews
- A+Zionsville Community High School
- Zionsville Community Schools, IN
- 391 reviews
- BLebanon Senior High School
- Lebanon Community School Corporation, IN
- 254 reviews
Brownsburg High School Reviews
Education and academics are definitely top priority here at Brownsburg High School. Educators and counselors really push students to their full cognitive potential, and it's especially been helpful to me in maintaining a strong grade point average, high grades, and confidence in my learning. The teachers are approachable and for the most part very appreciative and helpful. They want you to succeed as much as you do! Dealing with the construction over the course of my 4 years has been a minuscule obstacle, but the end result will be incredible and I'm glad future generations will be able to enjoy it! Overall, I'm thankful for my time at BHS. I feel confident moving on to the next stage of my life, and I'm so excited.
Brownsburg High School has excellent teachers that teach you the material and help you with your academic career. The school offers classes for a variety of different students that excel in different areas. You can be in the best music department, art department, science department, buisness department and more if you attend Brownsburg High School, and it leaves you better prepared for whatever follows your high school career. They have an incredibly high graduation rate and some of the highest test scores. This is counting standardized testing and AP testing. In my experience at Brownsburg High School, I have been held to a high standard and found out my passions, and have been better prepared to go to college.
Overall, Brownsburg High School is a good school for any child to attend. Teachers are committed to their students and ensuring their success. Academics are emphasized, sports teams are funded, and the fine arts are appreciated from afar. The only drawback of BHS is the constant focus and harsh emphasis on test scores. While test scores do play a large role in future development of the corporation, there are instances where the student's all-around talents and achievements should be celebrated. Not just test scores.